( Thursday NO PO) Today is National Panda Day & National Everything you Do is Right Day!

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Thursday NO PO) Today is National Panda Day & National Everything you Do is Right Day!

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:33 am

Pandas are awesome, just too cute by half, and their markings are the bomb. I have a BFF who loves them and collects them in various forms. Wouldn't it be, in theory, pretty awesome if everything we Did was Right? ( and thought and believed etc) ...lol...I know some people truly believe this is true about them...no self-awareness...but, it would feel good to hear someone say that about me and mean it...lol
Pandaday.jpg
Pandaday.jpg (16.02 KiB) Viewed 763 times
everything you do is right day.jpg
everything you do is right day.jpg (11.86 KiB) Viewed 763 times

Knightrider1976

Re: ( Thursday NO PO) Today is National Panda Day & National Everything you Do is Right Day!

Post by Knightrider1976 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:20 am

Last Saturday night I post something in Leesburg fl word of the mouth facebook about people speeding on a side street right near a neighborhood where I live and I also posted the same thing over on next door. Com. Well guess it worked people where taking notice what I put down no more speeders

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Thursday NO PO) Today is National Panda Day & National Everything you Do is Right Day!

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:07 pm

Knightrider1976 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:20 am
Last Saturday night I post something in Leesburg fl word of the mouth facebook about people speeding on a side street right near a neighborhood where I live and I also posted the same thing over on next door. Com. Well guess it worked people where taking notice what I put down no more speeders
Good for you Joshua

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:26 pm

Knightrider1976 wrote:
That would never work in Ca. If you are only going 10 miles over the speed limit people are honking at you and flipping you off as the pass.

Okay, maybe a small exaggeration for comedic effect, but not a large one.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:10 pm

Might be a good day for a panda ice cream cone
ice-cream-cone-pandas-.jpg

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:24 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:10 pm
Might be a good day for a panda ice cream cone
ice-cream-cone-pandas-.jpg
Those are too cute, gonna share them with my friend who collects Pandas...lol

Knightrider1976

Post by Knightrider1976 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:43 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:26 pm
Knightrider1976 wrote:
That would never work in Ca. If you are only going 10 miles over the speed limit people are honking at you and flipping you off as the pass.

Okay, maybe a small exaggeration for comedic effect, but not a large one.
Wow

Here in florida it’s different. If you pass a cop on left hand lane it’s call ticket. I saw it about 1 week ago on a 3 lane highway. It happened in Leesburg fl i saw lots of cars started to slowdown soon as they spotted the cop in the middle. Except for one person she didn’t slow down. The officer had his light bar on she still pass him on the left hand. When she look up he was right on her ass. She went from lane number three to number 2 every body stop so she went into the right lane that wend she look up again thats when she saw a lake county fl sheriffs unit coming up behind the Leesburg unit. So she pull off the highway

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:55 pm

Knight Rider wrote : "..soon as they spotted the cop in the middle."
~
That's an advantage truck drivers have with the CB radios keeping each other informed . We let others know what's going on by saying something like " bear in the middle at the 43 " - meaning cop in the medium @ the 43 mile marker . Or 'snake in the grass' @ the 43.
If he was on the side of the road waiting we'd say 'bear in the woods'