( Monday NO PO) Today is the First Day of Spring (YEA), Ravioli Day & Proposal Day ( sigh)

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Monday NO PO) Today is the First Day of Spring (YEA), Ravioli Day & Proposal Day ( sigh)

Post by Z is for Zangie » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:08 am

YEA for the First Day of Spring, I am soo ready!! I do not care for ravioli, but, I know others do. ( I am a bad Italian...lol..)Proposal Day...sigh...the romantic in me, can't help but be happy about it ( not sure why this day, better days to pick...lol...) , but, so long ago and it didn't live up to my expectations, and didn't end well, and unlikely it will ever happen again now.
Spring Begins.jpg
Spring Begins.jpg (16.27 KiB) Viewed 811 times
Ravioli Day.jpg
Ravioli Day.jpg (12.72 KiB) Viewed 811 times
Proposal Day.jpg
Proposal Day.jpg (12.2 KiB) Viewed 811 times
Does anyone have a cool proposal story?

Tarmaque

Re: ( Monday NO PO) Today is the First Day of Spring (YEA), Ravioli Day & Proposal Day ( sigh)

Post by Tarmaque » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:44 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:08 am
Yesterday, I proposed to my friend that we go out for Thai food. He agreed, and we tried a new place. It was fantastic. We'll be going back.

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Monday NO PO) Today is the First Day of Spring (YEA), Ravioli Day & Proposal Day ( sigh)

Post by Z is for Zangie » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:36 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:44 am
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:08 am
Yesterday, I proposed to my friend that we go out for Thai food. He agreed, and we tried a new place. It was fantastic. We'll be going back.
This made me laugh

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:52 am

Today is my Grandmother's birthday (dad's side) my sister's twins birthday, my mom's brother and sister's birthday. You made me think of my grandmother because she was very proud of being born on the first day of spring.

Also I"m a little off kilter. My father passed out today and is trying to hide it from all of us. My mother told us anyway.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:54 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:44 am
I take it that the restaurant was on your side of the river. Every Asian restaurant I saw in Oregon was some weird combination like, "Thai, Burmese and Russian".

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:38 am

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:54 am
I take it that the restaurant was on your side of the river. Every Asian restaurant I saw in Oregon was some weird combination like, "Thai, Burmese and Russian".
I swear to dog that this place is as authentic Thai as I have ever had, but I also swear that the manager and the serving staff were all Hispanic. Very nice and attentive though. Rick, my friend, ordered "Chrispy Chicken" which he described as boneless chicken wings in a Thai sauce. He ordered it "Thai Hot." The server said "Wow. Okay." About halfway through our meal the manager came out to see how he was doing. Rick had a grin on his face and sweat on his forehead. "Everything's great!" he said. I had "medium" heat, which was almost more than I could handle.

The levels go:
No spice.
Mild.
Medium.
Spicy.
Very spicy.
Thai Hot.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:54 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:38 am
I swear to dog that this place is as authentic Thai as I have ever had, but I also swear that the manager and the serving staff were all Hispanic. Very nice and attentive though. Rick, my friend, ordered "Chrispy Chicken" which he described as boneless chicken wings in a Thai sauce. He ordered it "Thai Hot." The server said "Wow. Okay." About halfway through our meal the manager came out to see how he was doing. Rick had a grin on his face and sweat on his forehead. "Everything's great!" he said. I had "medium" heat, which was almost more than I could handle.
There is a place near by hear. The chef/owner used to run a restaurant in Thialand. I can eat their Thai Hot, but it's too much to be enjoyable. I just get it hot. Everywhere else Thia hot may or may not be hot enough, but this place will kill your taste buds.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:55 am

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:54 am
Tarmaque wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:38 am
There is a place near by hear. The chef/owner used to run a restaurant in Thialand. I can eat their Thai Hot, but it's too much to be enjoyable. I just get it hot. Everywhere else Thia hot may or may not be hot enough, but this place will kill your taste buds.
I love hot wings until it gets to my eyes are watering and I can't breathe stage...lol..I generally get just hot, though BW3"s has a Garlic sauce that is pretty awesome