( Friday NO PO) I apologize once again

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Friday NO PO) I apologize once again

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri May 12, 2023 2:48 am

I went back to work today and I am exhausted, and need to go to bed... and I still haven't been paid, and Monday is another payday, and my stomach is rebelling from the stress...I will do this in the morning from work...thanks for understanding.

Tarmaque

Re: ( Friday NO PO) I apologize once again

Post by Tarmaque » Fri May 12, 2023 4:24 am

I feel for you Z. I never got around to getting in touch with my contact for a new job today either. I'll try to text her tomorrow. I know they're always hiring, but it's with the school district so It might only be for a couple weeks before summer break. Which would suck.

I gave Finn his pain meds tonight and he's acting a little funny but not exactly stoned. He was unusually affectionate for being in as much pain as I suspect he is. With pets it's so hard to tell. At least he's moving around which has to be good for him. He was a wreck after sleeping for about 4 hours.

That said, it's comfortable for me outside (63°F) but uncomfortably hot in my apartment. Might try to get the air conditioner in the window tonight. My window fan quit.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri May 12, 2023 12:43 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 4:24 am
I feel for you Z. I never got around to getting in touch with my contact for a new job today either. I'll try to text her tomorrow. I know they're always hiring, but it's with the school district so It might only be for a couple weeks before summer break. Which would suck.

I gave Finn his pain meds tonight and he's acting a little funny but not exactly stoned. He was unusually affectionate for being in as much pain as I suspect he is. With pets it's so hard to tell. At least he's moving around which has to be good for him. He was a wreck after sleeping for about 4 hours.

That said, it's comfortable for me outside (63°F) but uncomfortably hot in my apartment. Might try to get the air conditioner in the window tonight. My window fan quit.
I'm sorry you are having a bad time too...and glad Finn is doing better...I have had cats be more affectionate when they are in pain or don't feel well...I have even had them purr which I guess they don't really understand (veterinarians etc). I just checked, still no money in our bank...I think I am going to throw up...lol...my car payment, this is the last day before it is late, my house payment is due Monday...GAH....I am going to be up to my eyeballs in late fees which will cancel any of my plans for the extra check this month...I was supposed to get my oil changed tomorrow and see my GF for lunch...sigh

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Fri May 12, 2023 2:31 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 12:43 pm
I just checked, still no money in our bank
That sucks. At least I'm in a position where I have adequate cash reserves and can weather this kind of work situation. I also know I could be working for several places in a week or two if I wanted those jobs, but I don't particularly.