( Tuesday NO PO) National Barbeque , National Classic Movie and National Do Something Good for your Neighbor Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Tuesday NO PO) National Barbeque , National Classic Movie and National Do Something Good for your Neighbor Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue May 16, 2023 2:06 am

When I see the word barbeque or BBQ, I automatically think BBQ sauce on stuff...lol...not necessarily so. I love grilled things and most things with BBQ sauce, Rick stopped grilling on the grill, and won't tell me why, other than some vague comment about bees ( he is terrified of bees, and isn't even allergic), so I haven't had much other than when my boss grills at work for us. Classic Movies, lots of opinions on those, depends on genre or when they came out, B & W, color...I consider movies like Princess Bride & Young Frankenstein as classics, yet, I also like some B & W older movies I think are classic, Like To Kill a Mockingbird, 12 Angry Men, etc. I guess it depends on the categories mentioned above. I usually at least give some little gifts to my neighbors at Christmas and I do talk to them when I can. But the newest one is divisible, she has been there for a few months, right next to me, and I have never seen her. ( Have heard her playing the piano though) the guy in D is autistic and is hard to even get to say hi...the other new one is pretty cool, but also keeps to herself.
bbq.jpg
bbq.jpg (15.6 KiB) Viewed 845 times
classic movie.jpg
classic movie.jpg (15.97 KiB) Viewed 845 times
do something food for your neighbor.jpg
do something food for your neighbor.jpg (12.44 KiB) Viewed 845 times

Tarmaque

Re: ( Tuesday NO PO) National Barbeque , National Classic Movie and National Do Something Good for your Neighbor Day

Post by Tarmaque » Tue May 16, 2023 3:35 am

I may have to dig out a classic movie tomorrow. I got a whole directory full of classic film noir that I haven't seen (and that I have seen.)

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: ( Tuesday NO PO) National Barbeque , National Classic Movie and National Do Something Good for your Neighbor Day

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue May 16, 2023 4:18 am

I'm still recovering from pneumonia
it's still no fun
here is another poem
tulip - now it's a haiku

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue May 16, 2023 10:37 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 3:35 am
I may have to dig out a classic movie tomorrow. I got a whole directory full of classic film noir that I haven't seen (and that I have seen.)
It will be good for you

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue May 16, 2023 10:38 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 4:18 am
I'm still recovering from pneumonia
it's still no fun
here is another poem
tulip - now it's a haiku
Yea, I hear ya, having the same issue though with bronchitis...hope it ends for you soon

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue May 16, 2023 11:15 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 10:38 pm
Yea, I hear ya, having the same issue though with bronchitis...hope it ends for you soon
You forget how important breathing is until you can't

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue May 16, 2023 11:30 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:15 pm
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 10:38 pm
You forget how important breathing is until you can't
Yep...