( Saturday NO PO) World Bee Day, Wear Red Sneakers Day & Pick Strawberries Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Saturday NO PO) World Bee Day, Wear Red Sneakers Day & Pick Strawberries Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat May 20, 2023 3:42 am

I have read the bees are starting to come back, and I saw two honey bees the other day and haven't seen any in a while, so fingers crossed. They are really important to the ecosystem and good for us. The wear red sneakers ( I have a pair of red ones), is for awareness of food allergies. I am not aware I have any, if I do, it is mild or I don't recognize the effect. Though I think I may be lactose intolerant. Bill has a few, peanuts, shellfish, etc. ( also bees...lol) that would suck, especially shellfish. There used to be a local place that grew strawberries and you could fo there and pick them. When I was younger I did it, but, now I prefer to buy they already picked...lol...there was a sale on fruit at WalMart when Rick went to Walmart yesterday, so we got strawberries, watermelon, raspberries ( my favorite, though I love them all) and blackberries, we don't get these fruits often due to cost, they were pricy even before the inflation thing, I ma tickled, though you have to eat the berries pretty fast as they turn quickly.
world Bee.jpg
world Bee.jpg (13.19 KiB) Viewed 2475 times
red sneakers.jpg
red sneakers.jpg (15 KiB) Viewed 2475 times
pick strawerries.jpg
pick strawerries.jpg (14.93 KiB) Viewed 2475 times
Attachments
world Bee.jpg
world Bee.jpg (13.19 KiB) Viewed 2475 times

Slip Shod

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) World Bee Day, Wear Red Sneakers Day & Pick Strawberries Day

Post by Slip Shod » Sat May 20, 2023 12:18 pm

Red Sneaker Day should be in the middle of the summer. I'm thinking it's still a little bit cool out to be wearing nothing but red sneakers in some parts of the country

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) World Bee Day, Wear Red Sneakers Day & Pick Strawberries Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat May 20, 2023 4:13 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 12:18 pm
Red Sneaker Day should be in the middle of the summer. I'm thinking it's still a little bit cool out to be wearing nothing but red sneakers in some parts of the country
HA

willy66

Post by willy66 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:49 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 3:42 am
I have read the bees are starting to come back, and I saw two honey bees the other day and haven't seen any in a while, so fingers crossed. They are really important to the ecosystem and good for us. The wear red sneakers ( I have a pair of red ones), is for awareness of food allergies. I am not aware I have any, if I do, it is mild or I don't recognize the effect. Though I think I may be lactose intolerant. Bill has a few, peanuts, shellfish, etc. ( also bees...lol) that would suck, especially shellfish. There used to be a local place that grew strawberries and you could fo there and pick them. When I was younger I did it, but, now I prefer to buy they already picked...lol...there was a sale on fruit at WalMart when Rick went to Walmart yesterday, so we got strawberries, watermelon, raspberries ( my favorite, though I love them all) and blackberries, we don't get these fruits often due to cost, they were pricy even before the inflation thing, I ma tickled, though you have to eat the berries pretty fast as they turn quickly. I was looking for a durag also from Walmart yesterday but i couldn't find a design just like the ones from this link.

World Bee.jpg
red sneakers.jpg
pick strawerries.jpg
It's awesome to hear that you spotted some honey bees recently. Bees are indeed crucial to our ecosystem, and it's always a positive sign to see them around. Your red sneakers sound like a fun way to raise awareness about food allergies, even if you personally don't have any severe allergies.

As for those fresh fruits from Walmart, that sounds like a delicious haul! Berries are such a treat, and I'm with you on the love for raspberries – they're so tasty. It's great to take advantage of sales to enjoy these treats, even if they don't last long because they're so fresh.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences! Enjoy those yummy fruits, and here's to hoping you continue to see more bees buzzing around.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:13 pm

willy66 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:49 pm
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 3:42 am
I have read the bees are starting to come back, and I saw two honey bees the other day and haven't seen any in a while, so fingers crossed. They are really important to the ecosystem and good for us. The wear red sneakers ( I have a pair of red ones), is for awareness of food allergies. I am not aware I have any, if I do, it is mild or I don't recognize the effect. Though I think I may be lactose intolerant. Bill has a few, peanuts, shellfish, etc. ( also bees...lol) that would suck, especially shellfish. There used to be a local place that grew strawberries and you could fo there and pick them. When I was younger I did it, but, now I prefer to buy they already picked...lol...there was a sale on fruit at WalMart when Rick went to Walmart yesterday, so we got strawberries, watermelon, raspberries ( my favorite, though I love them all) and blackberries, we don't get these fruits often due to cost, they were pricy even before the inflation thing, I ma tickled, though you have to eat the berries pretty fast as they turn quickly. I was looking for a durag also from Walmart yesterday but i couldn't find a design just like the ones from this link.

World Bee.jpg
red sneakers.jpg
pick strawerries.jpg
It's awesome to hear that you spotted some honey bees recently. Bees are indeed crucial to our ecosystem, and it's always a positive sign to see them around. Your red sneakers sound like a fun way to raise awareness about food allergies, even if you personally don't have any severe allergies.

As for those fresh fruits from Walmart, that sounds like a delicious haul! Berries are such a treat, and I'm with you on the love for raspberries – they're so tasty. It's great to take advantage of sales to enjoy these treats, even if they don't last long because they're so fresh.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences! Enjoy those yummy fruits, and here's to hoping you continue to see more bees buzzing around.
Welcome Willy! The way our site is set up, you have to post ten times to circumvent the pre-approval. You can just do ten with numbers 2, 3, 4, etc if you want...