( Wednesday NO PO) Today is World Turtle Day, Brothers Day & Scavenger Hunt Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Wednesday NO PO) Today is World Turtle Day, Brothers Day & Scavenger Hunt Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed May 24, 2023 1:55 am

I know everyone here isn't necessarily a fan of their brother(s)...I have two, one is a big problem, and one has issues, but it doesn't affect me personally. I get along with that one ok, the other one and the youngest of us, ( and a late baby, was born when I was 18, and the youngest at the time was 11.) has pretty much alienated all of us now, my sister who died got along with him the best and never had to deal with what we have. Yet, family is family, and I like that I have brothers...always wanted an older brother both because I thought he might be on my side, and because he would have friends who could be potential boyfriends...lol...I wish the youngest one would get his act together and deal with his anger issues and who he is really angry with. Sigh, but, he has to want to. He is still single at 47, has an out-of-wedlock daughter he never knew he had till she was 11, (I only met her once) and apparently, they have had a falling out also. I am not sure how the relationship between brothers is different than between a brother and a sister.

Turtle Day, turtles are cool. My friend Jay is a turtle fan h owned quite a few and collects them in different media...I often buy him stuff that is turtle for Christmas.

I haven't been on a scavenger hunt in years, but, I went on many as a kid and even as a young adult. I love them, they are a lot of fun and a challenge.

brothers day.jpg
brothers day.jpg (13.23 KiB) Viewed 906 times
world turtle.jpg
world turtle.jpg (17.45 KiB) Viewed 906 times
scavenger Hunt.jpg
scavenger Hunt.jpg (20.63 KiB) Viewed 906 times

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: ( Wednesday NO PO) Today is World Turtle Day, Brothers Day & Scavenger Hunt Day

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Wed May 24, 2023 1:57 am

I love turtles.

I don't know if I told you guys yet, but we leave for Panama on Saturday night. Sunday morning really. I will try to put some politic stuff up at the end of the day but no promises.

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Wednesday NO PO) Today is World Turtle Day, Brothers Day & Scavenger Hunt Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed May 24, 2023 2:14 am

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 1:57 am
I love turtles.

I don't know if I told you guys yet, but we leave for Panama on Saturday night. Sunday morning really. I will try to put some politic stuff up at the end of the day but no promises.
Vacation? Been there before? I am intrigued. NP, have fun.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Wed May 24, 2023 2:17 am

Wed May 24, 2023 1:57 am
...we leave for Panama on Saturday night.
All I know about Panama is the big ditch there and the song by Van Halen.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Wed May 24, 2023 12:19 pm

GIFs.gif
GIFs.gif (81.37 KiB) Viewed 879 times

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Thu May 25, 2023 2:12 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 2:14 am
Vacation? Been there before? I am intrigued. NP, have fun.
Yes vacation and no we haven't gone before. I got a deal from gropon travel that was just too good to pass up. To put it in perspective. It would have cost about the same to go to Disneyland
Tarmaque wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 2:17 am
All I know about Panama is the big ditch there and the song by Van Halen.
If you ask my son where we are going he says, "Panama ah ah ah ah ah" Lol, But I prefer this song.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Thu May 25, 2023 3:16 am

Thu May 25, 2023 2:12 am
If you ask my son where we are going he says, "Panama ah ah ah ah ah" Lol, But I prefer this song.
I hate to tell you this, but the Van Halen song is more catchy. I never knew this until I just looked it up, but apparently the song is about David Lee Roth's Opel Kadett station wagon, which was named "Panama" because that was as far south as it could get you.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Thu May 25, 2023 3:18 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 3:16 am
I hate to tell you this, but the Van Halen song is more catchy.
For sure. But the Stephen Stills song feels like Panama. I'm a huge fan of his. I'm glad I got to see him before, his hearing is almost completely gone and he can't really sing any more.
Tarmaque wrote:
I never knew this until I just looked it up, but apparently the song is about David Lee Roth's Opel Kadett station wagon, which was named "Panama" because that was as far south as it could get you.
Yeah, I looked it up when we booked the trip. I had always assumed the song was about a woman because most Roth songs are about women. :lol:

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu May 25, 2023 6:42 pm

Thu May 25, 2023 3:18 pm
Tarmaque wrote:
I hate to tell you this, but the Van Halen song is more catchy.
For sure. But the Stephen Stills song feels like Panama. I'm a huge fan of his. I'm glad I got to see him before, his hearing is almost completely gone and he can't really sing any more.
Tarmaque wrote:
I never knew this until I just looked it up, but apparently the song is about David Lee Roth's Opel Kadett station wagon, which was named "Panama" because that was as far south as it could get you.
Yeah, I looked it up when we booked the trip. I had always assumed the song was about a woman because most Roth songs are about women. :lol:
I own David Lee Roth picture disc that is not a 33 1/3 or 45 disc..not sure of the name or size...with I ain't got nobody/just a gigilo on it