( Sunday NO PO) Today is Family Fun Day, Hamburger Day & Brisket Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Sunday NO PO) Today is Family Fun Day, Hamburger Day & Brisket Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun May 28, 2023 5:10 am

I am all about the fun, with family it isn't always so easy...lol...but I am getting together with my brother and sisters tomorrow for a cookout. Looking forward to it. We really only get together on some Holidays and events like weddings, funerals. Big Cheeseburger fan, grilled, with red onion, mustard, and dill pickle slices, now I am hungry ...lol..( though I went to Texas Roadhouse this afternoon with my BFF from HS and haven't eaten a thing other than that all day, because I was really full, it was an excellent dinner and good company. ) I have never actually had Brisket, just not a thing in my circles, but, if it is anything like prime rib, which I don't like, I probably wouldn't like it. I love some beef and can't stand others. I don't really like hamburger except for cheeseburgers for instance.

family fun.jpg
family fun.jpg (20.46 KiB) Viewed 537 times
hamburger.jpg
hamburger.jpg (10.52 KiB) Viewed 537 times
Brisket.jpg
Brisket.jpg (14.07 KiB) Viewed 537 times

Tarmaque

Re: ( Sunday NO PO) Today is Family Fun Day, Hamburger Day & Brisket Day

Post by Tarmaque » Sun May 28, 2023 5:49 am

What I wouldn't give for a nice slow-smoked brisket right now, with a quart or so of spicy but not too sweet barbecue sauce for dipping. Maybe after the weekend I'll look to see if some country style pork ribs are on sale and throw them in the crock pot with some barbecue sauce. Not as good as brisket, but still tasty and a whole lot cheaper.