( Tuesday NO PO) Hole in my Bucket Day, Water a Flower Day & Mint Julep Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Tuesday NO PO) Hole in my Bucket Day, Water a Flower Day & Mint Julep Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue May 30, 2023 3:02 am

Hole in My Bucket apparently refers to a children's song, that is pretty silly. Never heard of that one. Water a flower, I love flowers but don't get an opportunity to water them other than on the rare occasions someone gives me a flower (s). Never had a Mint Julep, though I have heard of them. I looked up the ingredients, bourbon, mint leaves, and water and I saw both powdered sugar and brown sugar mentioned separately... All things I like, so think I would like to try one. Maybe I can ask the boss since he already has the bourbon...lol
hole in my bucket.jpg
hole in my bucket.jpg (8.79 KiB) Viewed 714 times
water a flower.jpg
water a flower.jpg (11.63 KiB) Viewed 714 times
mint julep.jpg
mint julep.jpg (14.31 KiB) Viewed 714 times

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: ( Tuesday NO PO) Hole in my Bucket Day, Water a Flower Day & Mint Julep Day

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue May 30, 2023 3:22 am

Dear Liza Dear Liza....

Today was a blast. The Valley De Anton was as advertised in every way. The butterfly sanctuary was an unexpected hit for my wife and kid. After dealing with the airport jerk on the way here, we had a drive who insisted on wheeling my wife around. The Zoo we went to had trails but they were fairly rocky. He earned an excelent tip no doubt. Why are the jerks always the Americans?

Tomorrow will be a relaxing day. It's a resort day. I suspect we will end up in the pool for most of it. Maybe my son will want to go to the kids clup and we will be able to take a nap. Have I mentioned sleeping is my favorite thing?

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Tue May 30, 2023 10:45 am

On a trip such as yours I hope you get the time to taste and try out some local cuisine ✅

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue May 30, 2023 1:13 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 10:45 am
On a trip such as yours I hope you get the time to taste and try out some local cuisine ✅
This is what keeps me from going to some places...I am a very fussy eater of even American Food, let alone other cultures...when I was in Punta Cana, I had a really hard time finding something to eat that I liked...ate this salad in the room, that was not good, but, I had to eat...tried the steak house and the steak tasted very funny...so, some places I wouldn't go because I would be afraid I can't find anything to eat...( I don't care for Chinese or Mexican etc food except for a couple of tiny exceptions for instance, I don't like sushi, etc etc) Even when they make food common here, it never tastes the same as it does here....

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Tue May 30, 2023 1:33 pm

I'm with you Z on the sushi. Raw fish can contain parasites and worms, disgusting. My food has to be cooked. Tuna and oysters or whatever seafood you buy in cans they steam that for nearly a half hour. I wondered about that and looked it up one time.