( Friday NO PO) Today is Doughnut Day!, Leave the Office Early Day & Rocky Road Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Friday NO PO) Today is Doughnut Day!, Leave the Office Early Day & Rocky Road Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:17 am

I love doughnuts both evil and heavenly...lol...I don't get them often, but on Friday mornings my boss brings me my pecan-encrusted, maple-filled doughnut...it is to die for., practically orgasmic...lol..( it is also a Hudnutts Doughnut, made from potatoes), and you can't tell, it tastes even better than regular donuts...I assume it is better for you. Bill often on Fridays tells me I can go home if I want to, it is a very slow day, especially later in the day, because people are probably leaving early...lol...like holidays, how I got him to take those off too...lol...Rocky Road..great ice cream, apparently, it is a candy also, but, I have never had any.
doughnut day.jpg
doughnut day.jpg (15.22 KiB) Viewed 741 times
leave the office early.png
leave the office early.png (19.65 KiB) Viewed 741 times
rockyroad.jpg
rockyroad.jpg (12.41 KiB) Viewed 741 times

Tarmaque

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Today is Doughnut Day!, Leave the Office Early Day & Rocky Road Day

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 am

Well I am hired, pending paperwork, drug screen, (No problem) and some training. Getting paid but not full wages to do training, and will probably be on the higher end of scale by the time School starts in the fall. Everybody starts as a substitute, but they're so short of drivers I'll probably get to bid on a regular route in August because they're so short of drivers. You can bid on whatever route you want, but the route will go to whomever has most seniority. Hence probably only the crap routes will be available. That said, the full time pay is better than I was making before I got fired. 🤣 Also there's some stipends I can claim for training and a $1500 sign-on bonus paid in two installments at 90 days and 6 months. I hear the benefits are quite good, but we'll see.

On the other hand my tooth hurts like crazy and I have an appointment for a crown on Wednesday next week. I'm hoping I don't have to have a root canal, but I suspect I might. I was hoping to put this off until I had better dental insurance, but at least I have the cash available. However it's going to be a LONG week until that appointment.

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Today is Doughnut Day!, Leave the Office Early Day & Rocky Road Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:18 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 am
Well I am hired, pending paperwork, drug screen, (No problem) and some training. Getting paid but not full wages to do training, and will probably be on the higher end of scale by the time School starts in the fall. Everybody starts as a substitute, but they're so short of drivers I'll probably get to bid on a regular route in August because they're so short of drivers. You can bid on whatever route you want, but the route will go to whomever has most seniority. Hence probably only the crap routes will be available. That said, the full time pay is better than I was making before I got fired. 🤣 Also there's some stipends I can claim for training and a $1500 sign-on bonus paid in two installments at 90 days and 6 months. I hear the benefits are quite good, but we'll see.

On the other hand my tooth hurts like crazy and I have an appointment for a crown on Wednesday next week. I'm hoping I don't have to have a root canal, but I suspect I might. I was hoping to put this off until I had better dental insurance, but at least I have the cash available. However, it's going to be a LONG week until that appointment.
Hope it all goes smoothly from now on...tooth pain is the worst...I don't miss it. Though I never had to have a root canal or anything, my teeth were pretty good, never got a cavity till I was in my early 20's, and they were two small ones in my back molars...

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:38 am

Tarmack, sorry bout that tooth pain. But there's something out there works just like I shot of Novocaine you get at the dentist office, clove oil ✅. I've used it and I've turned other people on to it and it works, really doesn't take that much. Three or four drops on one of those cotton ear swabs on a stick and you dab it around the troublesome tooth along the gum line inside and out and in a matter of seconds it begins deadening the nerve. Of course if you get sloppy with it and used too much & get it on your tongue it's going to deaden your tongue making it feel goofy to talk. *Food grade clove oil

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:01 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:38 am
Tarmack, sorry bout that tooth pain. But there's something out there works just like I shot of Novocaine you get at the dentist office, clove oil ✅. I've used it and I've turned other people on to it and it works, really doesn't take that much. Three or four drops on one of those cotton ear swabs on a stick and you dab it around the troublesome tooth along the gum line inside and out and in a matter of seconds it begins deadening the nerve. Of course if you get sloppy with it and used too much & get it on your tongue it's going to deaden your tongue making it feel goofy to talk. *Food grade clove oil
I knew about cloves for tooth pain from when I was a kid, but, there was no oil then...lol

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:00 pm

Z : "I knew about cloves for tooth pain from when I was a kid, but, there was no oil then...lol"
• •
Clove oil is one of those things that when you need it, you really need it and everybody should have a small bottle in their medicine put away. It really does work wonders and can get you through several days rough spot waiting to see a dentist
- yeah Z, thank God for Amazon. 3 days and it's at your doorstep.
... Apply gums & directly on bad spot