(Monday NO PO) Toady is National Start Over Day, Gingerbread Day & Moonshine Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

(Monday NO PO) Toady is National Start Over Day, Gingerbread Day & Moonshine Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:24 am

I have started over many times, though most of the time it wasn't my choice to do so..circumstances required it was the only option. Though even then, there is something freeing/hopeful about starting over. I like gingerbread, and gingerbread cookies especially, and gingerbread houses, though the decorations are the best part. Tried to make a house once, it was a nightmare...lol...I have never tasted moonshine, though I suspect that if it is really strong in alcohol/taste and with my lightweight ness with alcohol I wouldn't enjoy it.
start over.jpg
start over.jpg (13.46 KiB) Viewed 635 times
gingerbread.jpg
gingerbread.jpg (17.11 KiB) Viewed 635 times
moonshine.jpg
moonshine.jpg (7.79 KiB) Viewed 635 times

Tarmaque

Re: (Monday NO PO) Toady is National Start Over Day, Gingerbread Day & Moonshine Day

Post by Tarmaque » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:43 am

Funny time of the year for Gingerbread day.

Although, I have said for years that gingerbread was the perfect desert. In the winter you serve it warm with cream cheese icing and/or sweetened whipped cream, and in summer you serve it chilled with vanilla ice cream. Nom nom nom.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: (Monday NO PO) Toady is National Start Over Day, Gingerbread Day & Moonshine Day

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:14 pm

Back to the real world today and I'm not liking it.

Panama was amazing. The only thing that would stop me from going back is that there are so many other places I'd like to see. I learned a lot, not just about the canal but about the country. The people were so kind, even when I had to resort to google Translate to get my point across. Most importantly, my son had a blast. We visited a butterfly sanctuary and later that night we saw some moths. He was convinced that some of the butterflies escaped and followed him back to the resort. No one was going to correct him on that. It's a very different experience than visiting Mexico or the Caribbean. Which I would say have more similarities than Panama.

Other highlights include going to Monkey Island where wild monkeys will take fruit out of your hand. And my son catching his first fish. It was a huge needlefish. I also learned that needlefish is amazing, and I now wish I could buy it in the stores. Also, the quality of the souvenirs is on a different level. I got a textile sheet made by the Guta people. It's a beautiful piece of art that took about 6 months to complete. We also got a golden frog nick to nack that is carved out of a native palm seed that feels a bit like plastic. For centuries they have used these seeds to make buttons. My son has got a great start on his new shell collection. I'm not sure they will replace his obsession with rocks but they will add to it. Mi gustan Panama.