( Friday NO PO) Donald Day Day, Movie Night & Coral Triangle

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Friday NO PO) Donald Day Day, Movie Night & Coral Triangle

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:27 am

I was never big on Donald Duck, though I liked Daisy...lol...for that matter, Mickey is a recent like of mine, though I like Minnie even more...lol...Movie Night, Haven't seen a movie in a while, and certainly, no new ones, even though I own a bunch of Disney/Marvel ones I haven't watched yet, time constraints, I don't like watching movies alone so much, and new movies I have to concentrate and can't be multi tasking and prefer to especially watch them with someone...

This is what the site says about the Coral Triangle:
The triangular-shaped region includes the tropical waters around the following countries:

Indonesia
Malaysia
Papua New Guinea
The Philippines
The Solomon Islands
Timor-Leste
The Coral Triangle is considered one of eight major coral reef zones in the world. These waters make up just 1.6 percent of the world’s oceanic area. Despite this fact, it is home to 76 percent of the world’s coral species. This area of water has 500 species of reef-building corals. It also contains 37 percent of the world’s reef fish species and half of its razor clam species. Additionally, the Coral Triangle is home to six of the world’s sea turtle species and the world’s largest mangrove forest.

Around 120 million people live around the Coral Triangle. Over two million of these people are fishers who depend on healthy seas to earn a living. There are many things that are causing environmental issues for the Coral Triangle. Some of these issues include climate change, marine pollution, recreational diving, poor marine management, and ocean acidification. For these reasons, the Coral Triangle is the subject of high levels of conservation management. The region’s governments and nature conservation organizations are primarily responsible for these conservation efforts.
donald duck.png
donald duck.png (16.58 KiB) Viewed 688 times
movie Night.jpg
movie Night.jpg (16.38 KiB) Viewed 688 times
coral triangle.jpg
coral triangle.jpg (16.71 KiB) Viewed 688 times

Tarmaque

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Donald Day Day, Movie Night & Coral Triangle

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:55 am

Now you can't tell me that Jack Smith didn't plan this announcement for Donald day. That's just too convenient.

(I know, I know. "No Politics." This was just funny.)

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Donald Day Day, Movie Night & Coral Triangle

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:38 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:55 am
Now you can't tell me that Jack Smith didn't plan this announcement for Donald day. That's just too convenient.

(I know, I know. "No Politics." This was just funny.
Ha, I didn't make that connection, but, yes, it is funny