( Saturday NO PO) Today is National Patch Day , Global Smurf Day & International Fairy Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Saturday NO PO) Today is National Patch Day , Global Smurf Day & International Fairy Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:56 am

When I was in Girl Scouts which I did from Brownies till 10th grade, I forget what that stage was called...lol...I collected a lot of patches to sew on my sash, I think my mother has that somewhere or I do, at least I hope so...patches of different "hippie" type stuff, etc were big when I was a teenager, we sewed them on jeans and jackets, etc...plus if we got a rip in a pair of jeans with patched it with a design, not just a plain color...
patch.jpg
patch.jpg (18.79 KiB) Viewed 605 times
I love the Smurfs and have quite a few collectibles, I was pretty grown up when they appeared on the scene, but, so were Care Bears, I became a late-stage collector of both and other cartoon characters after my time...Rick is a big fan of Smurfs too.
smurfs.jpg
smurfs.jpg (9.64 KiB) Viewed 605 times
Fairies...way cool...except Tinkerbell, for some reason I never liked her, she was a brat...lol...but, fairies being magical and fantasy, I am all for them.[/color][/b]
fairy.jpg
fairy.jpg (12.88 KiB) Viewed 605 times

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) Today is National Patch Day , Global Smurf Day & International Fairy Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:58 am

Ok guys, I am burned out big time. Politics is driving me nuts, and I am anxious and worried and frankly tired of being called names and yelled at for committing the sin of being a liberal and a Biden voter/fan. It appears I am a minority here on that last part. I just can't deal with this crap right now. I think I need a break.