( Thursday NO PO) Today is National Fried Chicken Day, National Kissing Day & National Hand Roll Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Thursday NO PO) Today is National Fried Chicken Day, National Kissing Day & National Hand Roll Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:19 am

Work was a nightmare today, things just not going so well when I needed them to...I could have stood another day or two off...lol...Anyway, I like KFC fried Chicken Breasts ( I have never made fried chicken of my own for various reasons), and a local convenient store's also...other than that I don't buy it anywhere else or make it...and I don't get it often. But, Fried hot wings and even now breaded boneless hot "wings" are a big favorite, and I have them at least once a week. There is a local pizza place that comes around on Tuesdays and has a bunch of food, all of it $5... a very good deal, and I love their breaded and fried wings and boneless wings...this is why I picked this pic: (lol)
fried chicken.jpg
fried chicken.jpg (14.16 KiB) Viewed 719 times

Of course, kissing is always a good thing in my view. I miss that.
kissing.png
kissing.png (19.81 KiB) Viewed 719 times
I assume hand rolls are a kind of sushi going by this pic? They sure look cool, just not sure I would like how they taste...lol
hand roll day.jpg
hand roll day.jpg (8.3 KiB) Viewed 719 times
[/color][/b]

Slip Shod

Re: ( Thursday NO PO) Today is National Fried Chicken Day, National Kissing Day & National Hand Roll Day

Post by Slip Shod » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:51 am

I've discovered a small gas station / fuel stop and they have the best chicken tenders, at least I think so. Cooked perfectly, nice outside deep fried coating and juicy tender. May stop there tomorrow
My other thing I got going are deep fried mushrooms - I got another place for those - mushrooms & a bottle of McGinnis stout

Tarmaque

Re: ( Thursday NO PO) Today is National Fried Chicken Day, National Kissing Day & National Hand Roll Day

Post by Tarmaque » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:57 am

Slip Shod wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:51 am
I've discovered a small gas station / fuel stop and they have the best chicken tenders, at least I think so. Cooked perfectly, nice outside deep fried coating and juicy tender. May stop there tomorrow
Ain't it always the way? The best tacos always come from that sketchy food truck parked behind a sketchy gas station.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:14 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:51 am
My other thing I got going are deep fried mushrooms - I got another place for those - mushrooms & a bottle of McGinnis stout
We have a gas station chain...Circle K that has awesome wings and other hot food, and also has LAwsone Chip Dip, the best in the world

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:11 pm

This is tech science so I guess it fits in this section over here. It's an article about Google's AI computer. 47 years faster than the number one supercomputer
-
https://www.sciencealert.com/google-qua ... ercomputer
-
Being the trusting soul that I am, NOT, it's the old adage that knowledge is power and with such power in the hands of a few I just cannot believe that it will be meant except for the benefiting of the few and screw over most of us
Couple years ago I believe I read an article about the the supercomputer that they had at that time, just a year or so ago. And according to this article the supercomputer at the time could keep something like 8,000 bits of information on every single person on the planet.
Can you see how AI can know everything about everyone on the planet. It's hard to get your head around. It can reasonably predict your future, how long you going to live what your apt to do or not do, everything - and there will be the tech bureaucracy micromanaging your life & the life the entire world
Trust me it's coming and it's in China being perfected right now and in use. The social score, how each citizen receives a social score on how they score being a 'good' citizen. Orwell's 1984 is coming true - just a little later than he predicted