( Wednesday NO PO) Today is Eat your Jell-O Day, Different Colored Eyes Day, Pecan Pie Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Wednesday NO PO) Today is Eat your Jell-O Day, Different Colored Eyes Day, Pecan Pie Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:59 am

I like jello, Rick can't stand it becaue of the texture, but, it doesn't bother me ( I have food texture issues, but, Jello-like isn't a problem...lol...)
jello.jpg
jello.jpg (10.83 KiB) Viewed 883 times
I had a cat that had different colored eyes, but, I don't remember ever knowing a person who does, though I know they exist, kinda cool I think...
different colored eyes.jpg
different colored eyes.jpg (6.54 KiB) Viewed 883 times
Pecan Pie, I love Pecans, but only relatively lately realized I love them and never connected them to snowballs...lol..my ex loved Pecan Pie but, at the time it looked icky to me, I need to try some, think I would love it.
pecan Pie.jpg
pecan Pie.jpg (14.35 KiB) Viewed 883 times
[/color][/b]

Slip Shod

Re: ( Wednesday NO PO) Today is Eat your Jell-O Day, Different Colored Eyes Day, Pecan Pie Day

Post by Slip Shod » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:50 pm

Food textures - that's a new one on me, but okay.

Tarmaque

Re: ( Wednesday NO PO) Today is Eat your Jell-O Day, Different Colored Eyes Day, Pecan Pie Day

Post by Tarmaque » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:37 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:59 am
I had a cat that had different colored eyes, but, I don't remember ever knowing a person who does, though I know they exist, kinda cool I think...
Also called "heterochromia." I've never known anyone with it either, but I've seen it in pets.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:47 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:50 pm
I have a friend who took years to accustom himself to eat oatmeal and rice, and he still won't eat pasta. He also won't eat anything with gravy on it. Apparently that stems from him being served biscuits and gravy when he was a kid and whoever made it scorched it really bad. Now he associates anything with a gravy like texture with that experience.

But I have introduced him to Chinese food, and he has really come to like General Tso's Beef. He told me the other day "Just so you know, that's sauce, not gravy." Okay Johnny boy.

I think it mostly comes from his Mom, who isn't a great cook unless it's basic 1950's meat and potatoes fare. I bet he never had rice or pasta until he was an adult, other than what Chef Boyardee put in his cans.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:20 pm

Most folks grow out of the childhood dislikes. When I was a kid I wasn't really crazy about Lima beans, beets or spinach, but hey, now, not bad at all. Your friend there Tarmac missing out on a lot, we know that but it's okay it's still his call.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:03 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:47 pm
Slip Shod wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:50 pm
I have a friend who took years to accustom himself to eat oatmeal and rice, and he still won't eat pasta. He also won't eat anything with gravy on it. Apparently that stems from him being served biscuits and gravy when he was a kid and whoever made it scorched it really bad. Now he associates anything with a gravy like texture with that experience.

But I have introduced him to Chinese food, and he has really come to like General Tso's Beef. He told me the other day "Just so you know, that's sauce, not gravy." Okay Johnny boy.

I think it mostly comes from his Mom, who isn't a great cook unless it's basic 1950's meat and potatoes fare. I bet he never had rice or pasta until he was an adult, other than what Chef Boyardee put in his cans.
Yeah I have mentioned before I have problems with what I call " gloppy food", it is just gross for me, incidentally, I also won't eat gravy...lol...yuck...lol

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:08 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:20 pm
Most folks grow out of the childhood dislikes. When I was a kid I wasn't really crazy about Lima beans, beets or spinach, but hey, now, not bad at all. Your friend there Tarmac missing out on a lot, we know that but it's okay it's still his call.
See my response to Tarm....lol...there are a couple of things I wouldn't eat when I was younger, and will now...pizza, and chili come to mind, plus, limited cheeses....but, the gross factor still applies, I hate milk always have and a lot of other dairy...I don't think I am missing anything, because they taste terrible to me or make me what to vomit...lol...I also have that super taster thing with bitter tastes...everyone has different tastes and taste buds...it is just weird in my case considering my weight issues...lol

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:41 am

As long as you're happy Z, I'm happy. To partake or not to partake.. if you choose not to partake then I get me 2 pieces 👍

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:11 am

Slip Shod wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:41 am
As long as you're happy Z, I'm happy. To partake or not to partake.. if you choose not to partake then I get me 2 pieces 👍
True ...more for you..lol