( Saturday NO PO) The options today were stuff we have repreated more than once...so ,here is my substitution: Summer

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Saturday NO PO) The options today were stuff we have repreated more than once...so ,here is my substitution: Summer

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:41 pm

What do you look forward to as summer arrives...what are your favorite summertime things to do?
summer.jpg
summer.jpg (9.84 KiB) Viewed 744 times

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) The options today were stuff we have repreated more than once...so ,here is my substitution: Summ

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:43 pm

Sunshine,sandals, capris, more fabulous clothes, and shoes, in general. Flea markets, garage sales. Banana Splits. Cherries and other fresh fruit. When I was younger it would be fairs, festivals, amusement parks, pools, and picnics.

Slip Shod

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) The options today were stuff we have repreated more than once...so ,here is my substitution: Summ

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:49 pm

Not only flea markets, but if you live in rural America it's summer's fleas and ticks - ticks, those nasty buggers

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:12 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:49 pm
Not only flea markets, but if you live in rural America it's summer's fleas and ticks - ticks, those nasty buggers
Yeah, ticks are disgusting , and fleas are just annoying...lol...we have ticks, but, I don't spend any time outside in the kind of places they are, I only saw one once, my, sister Amy had one once...fleas never bothered me, but, did my ex, and mosquitos won't touch me since the chemo thankfully

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:16 pm

Z :"and mosquitos won't touch me.."
--
I read somewheres back that mosquitoes don't like the scent carried by people who keep up with their vitamin B supplement.
Don't know, but it'll do no harm to do so

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:20 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:16 pm
Z :"and mosquitos won't touch me.."
ha, well it's true, weird, though I think maybe they can smell either the chemicals or the residual cancer. Like my blood chemistry is different now.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:29 pm

And there's several different flowers that are mosquito repellents. You just plant them around your house like marigolds and there's several others