( Thursday NO PO) Today is Nat'l Moon Day, National Lollipop Day & National Fortune Cookie Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Thursday NO PO) Today is Nat'l Moon Day, National Lollipop Day & National Fortune Cookie Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:27 am

The moon is pretty cool, especially fool moons, blue moons, harvest moons, etc...I am lucky that where I live there is little artificial light and the skies at night are often pretty clear, and you can see a lot of celestial phenomenon. I love lollipops, especially the sour apple ones, and the cherry and strawberry ones... fortune cookies taste pretty good and the fortunes are pretty entertaining. I have saved a bunch at times to put on my desk at work, etc when they favor me...lol
moon.jpg
moon.jpg (9.69 KiB) Viewed 772 times
lollipops.jpg
lollipops.jpg (19.53 KiB) Viewed 772 times
fortune cookie.jpg
fortune cookie.jpg (8.18 KiB) Viewed 772 times

Tarmaque

Re: ( Thursday NO PO) Today is Nat'l Moon Day, National Lollipop Day & National Fortune Cookie Day

Post by Tarmaque » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:41 am

I have a friend who's a fortune cookie addict. For his birthday once I bought him a 3 pound bag of them. Do you know how big a 3 pound bag of fortune cookies is? He couldn't care less about the fortunes.

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Thursday NO PO) Today is Nat'l Moon Day, National Lollipop Day & National Fortune Cookie Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:51 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:41 am
I have a friend who's a fortune cookie addict. For his birthday once I bought him a 3 pound bag of them. Do you know how big a 3 pound bag of fortune cookies is? He couldn't care less about the fortunes.
That's a serious addiction....lol

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:21 pm

I had a problem downloading the picture, but this is an article I was reading on this ancient bread. It reminded me of cornbread

'Focaccia, with its characteristic dimpled surface, is a flat oven-baked Italian bread that originated in ancient times. It is believed to predate even pizza, with both Roman and Greek civilizations leaving records of a similar type of bread. Traditionally made with flour, olive oil, water, salt, and yeast, focaccia was originally baked on the hearth of a hot fire, or on a heated tile or earthenware disk, similar to today's pizza stone. What differentiates focaccia from other breads is the olive oil-coated exterior. This is what gives it its signature crispy crust, as the bread
almost fries in the oven.'
images.jpg
images.jpg (12.52 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Read More: https://www.tastingtable.com/1341568/ea ... ia-recipe/

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:51 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:21 pm
Focaccia, with its characteristic dimpled surface
I loves me some focaccia. Nummy nummy nymmy in my tummy. There's a bakery at the beach where we go that makes it with cheddar and jalapenos on top of it.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:02 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:21 pm
I had a problem downloading the picture, but this is an article I was reading on this ancient bread. It reminded me of cornbread

Focaccia, with its characteristic dimpled surface, is a flat oven-baked Italian bread that originated in ancient times. It is believed to predate even pizza, with both Roman and Greek civilizations leaving records of a similar type of bread. Traditionally made with flour, olive oil, water, salt, and yeast, focaccia was originally baked on the hearth of a hot fire, or on a heated tile or earthenware disk, similar to today's pizza stone. What differentiates focaccia from other breads is the olive oil-coated exterior. This is what gives it its signature crispy crust, as the bread
almost fries in the oven.

images.jpg
Read More: https://www.tastingtable.com/1341568/ea ... ia-recipe/
I think I would like this....