( Sunday Today is Gorgeous Grandmother Day & Vanilla Ice Cream Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Sunday Today is Gorgeous Grandmother Day & Vanilla Ice Cream Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:58 am

My maternal grandmother was gorgeous, she was tall for a woman ( 5'9") and had gorgeous red hair and when she got older she didn't grey young, and looked great, then when she went grey, it was actually that pure white color, men were still chasing her in her 70's, 80's...lol...I am not a fan of vanilla Ice Cream,I will eat it and inside ice cream sandwiches and ice cream bars it is ok, but, I think it is a boring flavor, of the standard three flavors, Strawberry is my favorite, Chocolate next then vanilla.
gorgeous grandmother.jpg
gorgeous grandmother.jpg (9.1 KiB) Viewed 622 times
vanilla ice cream.jpg
vanilla ice cream.jpg (11.69 KiB) Viewed 622 times

Slip Shod

Re: ( Sunday Today is Gorgeous Grandmother Day & Vanilla Ice Cream Day

Post by Slip Shod » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:52 am

What I remember about my dad's mother, my grandmother on his side was that she was a fiery Irish woman with temper true, but when she laughed, it was without holding back, it was all of her heart and soul. I loved her, she was real.

Tarmaque

Re: ( Sunday Today is Gorgeous Grandmother Day & Vanilla Ice Cream Day

Post by Tarmaque » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:43 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:58 am
I am not a fan of vanilla Ice Cream,
Vanilla ice cream has its place. For instance, a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a slice of chilled gingerbread is delightful. Then again, really good vanilla ice cream can be enjoyed all on its own. French Vanilla or Vanilla Bean for preference. Vanilla ice cream also pairs well with chocolate cake, or apple pie. Or anywhere you think whipped cream would go well. Like my Mom's famous chocolate pudding cake. (It's not what you think. It's not like those volcano cakes you sometimes see. More like brownies baked in pudding.)