( Wednesday NO PO) Today is National Aunts & Uncles Day, National Bagelfest Day & National Coffee Milkshake Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Wednesday NO PO) Today is National Aunts & Uncles Day, National Bagelfest Day & National Coffee Milkshake Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:49 am

I had many aunts and uncles and great aunts and uncles, some were important to me ( especially my great Aunt Vi and her husband Uncle Doug ( he married me and my ex), why my ex and I used to visit on a regular basis and dispensed a lot of wisdom. They were formative for me, Others were to a smaller degree and a few were not good influences...lol...I love bagels, especially onion, and everything ones, with cream cheese. Not a fan of ones with fruit in them. This milkshake in the picture looks awesome, but, something about coffee-flavored Ice Cream ( though I like coffee) doesn't sound great. I should try one to say for sure.
aunts and uncles.jpg
aunts and uncles.jpg (12.98 KiB) Viewed 648 times
bagels.jpg
bagels.jpg (16.28 KiB) Viewed 648 times
coffee milkshake.jpg
coffee milkshake.jpg (13.79 KiB) Viewed 648 times

Slip Shod

Re: ( Wednesday NO PO) Today is National Aunts & Uncles Day, National Bagelfest Day & National Coffee Milkshake Day

Post by Slip Shod » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:23 pm

Good morning Z, ๐ŸŒ„ sunshine and lucky stars to you ๐ŸŒ ๐Ÿ‘Œ all day long.
As for a coffee milkshake, not so much - but if you talking cold iced coffees and coffee energy drinks yeah I like an occasional cold coffee energy drink.
And there's a ton of them out there from triple mocha to vanilla, to double shot espresso, did them all.
I used to stop at McDonald's and get a double or triple espresso. Understand that it's not about really enjoying the taste it's about going after the kick

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Wednesday NO PO) Today is National Aunts & Uncles Day, National Bagelfest Day & National Coffee Milkshake Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:52 pm

Slip Shod wrote: โ†‘
Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:23 pm
Good morning Z, ๐ŸŒ„ sunshine and lucky stars to you ๐ŸŒ ๐Ÿ‘Œ all day long.
As for a coffee milkshake, not so much - but if you talking cold iced coffees and coffee energy drinks yeah I like an occasional cold coffee energy drink.
And there's a ton of them out there from triple mocha to vanilla, to double shot espresso, did them all.
I used to stop at McDonald's and get a double or triple espresso. Understand that it's not about really enjoying the taste it's about going after the kick
Yeah, not much of a fan of cold coffee...I am relatively recently a drinker of hot coffee, and I just have one or two in the morning...

thanks, day didn't start out too well...sigh