( Thursday NO PO) Today is National Watermelon Day & National Grab some Nuts

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Thursday NO PO) Today is National Watermelon Day & National Grab some Nuts

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:08 am

I love watermelon, Rick got a whole one the other day, it was great. Sometimes I put salt on some of it. Ok, are you going to tell me no one who made this second meme didn't realize it was a double entendre?...or innuendo...lol...my dirty mind goes right there....lol). I love most nuts, Pecans being my very favorite, then Cashews, Pistachios, Walnuts, and Peanuts...( I have no idea which of these are true nuts and which aren't, though I know peanuts aren't.)
watermelon.jpg
watermelon.jpg (13.35 KiB) Viewed 663 times
nuts.jpg
nuts.jpg (12.85 KiB) Viewed 663 times

Slip Shod

Re: ( Thursday NO PO) Today is National Watermelon Day & National Grab some Nuts

Post by Slip Shod » Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:18 am

Around here it could be called tomato day - the tomatoes are ripe in the gardens. I just got a bag of cherry tomatoes given me

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: ( Thursday NO PO) Today is National Watermelon Day & National Grab some Nuts

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:50 am

So our next two Australian water dragons should be on their way within a week. Sounds like a pretty new breeder so they had limited payment options. Pay Pal Goods and Services offer some protection. So I went that route. Not my preference but they are rare. My wife found the guy on FB and he had all kinds of water dragon pictures, he also really knew his stuff about a fairly rare species. So I took the chance. Plus, we met on a site that hooks up breeders. And I won't hesitate to blow up his rating there if he scams me. And Paypal will eventally give me my money back. But here is the trick. I pay paled through my credit card so I can deal with them.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:29 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:18 am
Around here it could be called tomato day - the tomatoes are ripe in the gardens. I just got a bag of cherry tomatoes given me
Yeah, my boss brought me a baggie of them Monday...yummm...