( Friday NO PO) National Chocolate Chip Cookies Day & National Water Balloon Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Friday NO PO) National Chocolate Chip Cookies Day & National Water Balloon Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:22 am

mmmm..Chocolate Chip Cookies... especially soft and warm, right out of the oven...I haven't had a water balloon fight in years, but, I used to think they were a lot of fun...apparently, you can send messages with them now according to the site. I am holding up all right all by myself...lol
chocolate Chip cookies.jpg
chocolate Chip cookies.jpg (10.1 KiB) Viewed 741 times
water ballons.jpg
water ballons.jpg (9.58 KiB) Viewed 741 times

Tarmaque

Re: ( Friday NO PO) National Chocolate Chip Cookies Day & National Water Balloon Day

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:01 am

Well today has been a doozy. Slept in late because the cat was annoying most of the night, then went to the library to work on and send out some job applications. Then my Neighbor needed me to pick her up where she dropped off her car for some work, and bring her home. Then later I had to take her to Jiu jitsu practice, and pick her up after that to go get her car.

So having time to wait, I decided it was a good time to do that system upgrade I've been waiting to do. Full system reinstall, with the nice new everything. Been looking forward to it. (MX Linux 21 to MX Linux 23, based on the new Debian 12 "Bookworm" kernel.) The install went pretty well, with only one minor hiccup which wouldn't have been a problem if I'd just known.

That is, until I tried to log in to my email accounts. I thought I remembered the passwords for my four accounts, but apparently I updated them and forgot. No matter, I've got them all in a text file in an encrypted container. Just put the password into VeraCrypt and Presto! Nothing. My master password doesn't work. What the hell? I tried it again and again, and tried other possible passwords. No luck, and it was getting close to the time I had to pick up my neighbor. So I did my last resort and tried a password recovery for my most important email, which I really need right now. I got one of four working, the important one, and suddenly it hit me: I was inputting my password into VeraCrypt semi-correctly, but I had misused a couple of special characters. (Colon instead of Semicolon. That sort of thing.) Hallelujah! Problem solved, right?

Nope. It turns out I never put those email passwords in my password file. Darn and less printable comments.

But at least I've got all my important and sensitive passwords retrieved and can move on with logging in to everything. First place I try? Here. No luck. What the ever loving foul and filth happened here. I try the two passwords it logically should be, but nope. No luck. Then it locks me out and wants a goofy Captcha that doesn't make any sense to me (Thanks Guide) which I spend 45 minutes trying to figure out.

But clearly I eventually did and here I am and that was my evening. Except for the AMAZING curry I made for dinner and watching a movie with my neighbor. But it's 1:00 a.m. now and I need to go to bed.

Slip Shod

Re: ( Friday NO PO) National Chocolate Chip Cookies Day & National Water Balloon Day

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:17 pm

A brief look at life in the 1800s of rivalries, politics & honor.
Our 7th President, the only one to kill a man in a duel. 7mins.

https://rumble.com/v2oydf3-andrew-jacks ... -duel.html
- this was a historical clip I didn't figure it really fell under our political situation in PO
I found it interesting

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:26 pm

Wow, you are an exceptional person. What a friend to run your neighbor around like that - I think she owes you big time. You've got a good heart / wouldn't want to see you being taken advantage of

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:36 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:26 pm
Wow, you are an exceptional person. What a friend to run your neighbor around like that - I think she owes you big time. You've got a good heart / wouldn't want to see you being taken advantage of
Oh, she's well aware. She owes me pizza. And Thai food. And probably Chinese food.