( Thursday NO PO) Today is Black Cat Appreciation Day, Thrift SHop Day & I love my Feet Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Thursday NO PO) Today is Black Cat Appreciation Day, Thrift SHop Day & I love my Feet Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:43 am

I love black cats, they are my favorite colored cat...and the males make perfect pets, I still miss my Samson and he has been gone for over 12 years now...when I went to the APL for another cat when he died, I was looking for a black one, there was a sweet older cat I thought I would take, then I saw my two white brothers and it was all over...lol...sadly, today I saw that someone ( most likely one of the assholes that speed down the street where my office is) hit one of the black strays and killed them....sigh, sob..he was a feral cat, but, cool, and he was only a juvenile...makes me crazy when this happens. He has a brown tiger brother, and there are two adult black cats here too that are fun to watch.

I love thrift stores, they are fun, like garage sales and flea markets...I have bought a lot of cool clothes at them, plus I have donated a lot of clothes to them, some never worn

I hate my feet. They are shorter than the average woman in the US, but, that part is ok...but they are triple wide and I think my toes are weird looking, and there are issues now with the baby toe on the right foot trying to grow under the toe next to it...sigh....my mom's feet are deformed and I think I will avoid that ( wide feet also, improper shoes, which when I was younger a did a lot because triple eee shoes are hard to find and when you do they are very expensive and ugly...lol...then I am not a foot person generally and like elbows and knees, I think almost all feet are pretty ugly...lol...I buy pretty expensive ones from Massey's ( female sid of Mason's) shoes, mostly Easy Spirit and Skechers now, ( they are pretty fashionable) they still don't have much triple eee selection, but, if I go a half size up I can make a double ee work. My feet were wide from the very beginning, my mom had to take me to a local upper-end shoe store even as a toddler to get shoes that fit.
black cat.jpg
black cat.jpg (10.36 KiB) Viewed 651 times
Thrift Shop.png
Thrift Shop.png (35.44 KiB) Viewed 651 times
feet.jpg
feet.jpg (8.19 KiB) Viewed 651 times

Tarmaque

Re: ( Thursday NO PO) Today is Black Cat Appreciation Day, Thrift SHop Day & I love my Feet Day

Post by Tarmaque » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:46 am

I really really hate my feet these days.

Peripheral neuropathy sucks.

Slip Shod

Re: ( Thursday NO PO) Today is Black Cat Appreciation Day, Thrift SHop Day & I love my Feet Day

Post by Slip Shod » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:38 pm

I guess throwing a barefoot party over your place, dancing in the grass is out, playing footsies around a picnic table

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:14 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:38 pm
I guess throwing a barefoot party over your place, dancing in the grass is out, playing footsies around a picnic table
Ha, I still wear flip-flops and sandals in nice weather...lol..I just don't think they are attractive...lol

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:52 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Ha, I still wear flip-flops and sandals in nice weather...lol..I just don't think they are attractive...lol
-
You've heard of body painting ✔️. So body paint your feet, something spacey-psychedelic, summer sunshine & be different from the crowd maybe take it up one leg too. And go shopping kroger, Walmart loud and proud, tell the world you're special in those flip flops