( Friday NO PO) Today is PInot Noir, Fajita, Ice Cream Pie and Mail Order Catalog Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Friday NO PO) Today is PInot Noir, Fajita, Ice Cream Pie and Mail Order Catalog Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:02 am

I have never had Pinot Noir, so no opinion on that...I prefer white wines anyway...

I love Steak Fajita's ( not the chicken ones), but, I haven't had one in years as I got hooked on them at Chi Chi's many years ago, and have never been to another place that served them, since they went out of business. One of the few Hispanic foods I like...

This ice cream pie looks yummy, don't think I have ever seen one, but, would try it if I had an opportunity...it seems to be cherry, strawberry, or raspberry, three of my favorites...

I love mail-order catalogs, I probably get most that have things I am interested in ( clothing, shoes, collectibles, unique items, especially toys and things from my youth...jewelry, cookies, ( Cheryl's), caramel apples ( Mrs. Prindables), and movie collectibles, nuts and candy, and I am sure I am missing some things...lol... I like looking through them even when I don't have money to spend, and I get a lot of Christmas gifts from them

pinot noir.jpg
pinot noir.jpg (10.61 KiB) Viewed 798 times
fajita.jpg
fajita.jpg (16.27 KiB) Viewed 798 times
ice cream pie.jpg
ice cream pie.jpg (10.47 KiB) Viewed 798 times
Mail Order Catalog.jpg
Mail Order Catalog.jpg (22.84 KiB) Viewed 798 times

Slip Shod

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Today is PInot Noir, Fajita, Ice Cream Pie and Mail Order Catalog Day

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:14 am

Pinot Noir, a very dry red wine good with an Italian meal or beef I guess or Steak Fajitas. It's too dry for me I don't really enjoy it. I'd rather go with a Merlot, more enjoyable
Different strokes for different folks. A lot of people like it

Tarmaque

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Today is PInot Noir, Fajita, Ice Cream Pie and Mail Order Catalog Day

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:23 pm

You know what would make a good ice cream pie? Crushed ginger-snaps mixed with butter to make the crust (I've done this. It works great.) then filled with vanilla ice cream and garnished with candied ginger. nomnomonomonomonom.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:24 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:23 pm
You know what would make a good ice cream pie? Crushed ginger-snaps mixed with butter to make the crust (I've done this. It works great.) then filled with vanilla ice cream and garnished with candied ginger. nomnomonomonomonom.
Does sound yummy

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:27 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:24 pm
Does sound yummy
Right?

I made actual gingerbread here a few weeks ago and had it with vanilla ice cream just because I like it. That didn't go over well with my blood sugar. It spiked bad.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:50 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:27 pm
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:24 pm
Does sound yummy
Right?

I made actual gingerbread here a few weeks ago and had it with vanilla ice cream just because I like it. That didn't go over well with my blood sugar. It spiked bad.
I am a decent cook, but, I can't bake to save my life...lol...I get my sisters to bake for me or buy it...gingerbread is good...