( Monday NO PO) Today is National Rainbow Bridge Day, Power Rangers Day & Cherry Turnover Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Monday NO PO) Today is National Rainbow Bridge Day, Power Rangers Day & Cherry Turnover Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:23 am

I have lost a lot of pets in my lifetime, but, 5 stick out, the white cat I had as a teenager and I named Aeorsmith who died from some parasite infesting him, it was terrible. The female black kitty we had when I was in elementary school whom had a few litters ( on my bed...lol) and was a sweetie but would attack whoever was making the most noise when us siblings tangled...lol..she got hit by a car...( these are reasons why my cats have always been indoor cats since). the stray cat who appeared at my door when I was 20, an orange tiger I named Taffy, he lived 13 years but eventually died of kidney failure, the all-white rescue I got when I was married that we named Skitz. We don't know what killed him, but, after my divorce, he stayed with my ex as he was more his cat by that point, and my ex let him outside, one day he came home and Skitz was lying in the yard, at first my ex thought he was resting, but he was dead...and my Samson that I got from sister when I lived in the trailer when I was sick as a kitten..he also lived 13 years and died of kidney failure, but, I kept him alive that long with dialysis, he has been dead for 12 years, but, I still miss him a lot.

I was kind of older when Power Rangers came out, but, I did watch them in re-runs when Rick moved in as they were a favorite of his as a kid...they were ok, though I just liked the colorful outfits...lol...not sure if they were when you guys were already older too...

Cherry Turnovers....yum, anything Cherry is yum, I am not a big fan of Arby's, but their turnovers ( especially the cherry one are awesome.
Rainbow Bridge.jpg
Rainbow Bridge.jpg (12.72 KiB) Viewed 3793 times
power rangers.jpg
power rangers.jpg (21.69 KiB) Viewed 3793 times
cherry turnover.jpg
cherry turnover.jpg (14.81 KiB) Viewed 3793 times

Slip Shod

Re: ( Monday NO PO) Today is National Rainbow Bridge Day, Power Rangers Day & Cherry Turnover Day

Post by Slip Shod » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:23 pm

Losing a pet is like losing a friend if you're close and if you're a pet owner you understand. Been there done that, that is a heartfelt loss. They're dependent and not asking much except some attention.
That's a quality I like about you Z, being a pet person.
-
as for those Arby's Cherry desserts - I don't know what happened over this past month, poor Slip put on a few extra pounds and I don't like it, not at all. Don't know how it happened - snuck up on me when I wasn't looking. So I'll pass