( Friday NO PO) Today is Global Forgiveness Day, National Lazy Mom's Day & National Burnt Ends

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Friday NO PO) Today is Global Forgiveness Day, National Lazy Mom's Day & National Burnt Ends

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:47 am

Forgiveness day is about asking for forgiveness and accepting it if offered, and to listen and have empathy ...

Lazy Mom's Day is when a mom is overwhelmed, needs a break, and delegates some of her usual chores to someone else, or lets some things go, that will be there after the break...or both

Burnt Ends are apparently from the point of a brisket, I have never had brisket, so I wouldn't know. This is what the site said:

The name comes from the longer cooking time required for tender brisket. As a result, these thinner points become a little charred and tougher than the rest of the meat.

Don’t let that description deter you, though. As a tradition in the Kansas City area, they’ve mastered burnt ends and a taste for them has spread across the country.

Delicious on their own, burnt ends also taste amazing on sandwiches and in stews. They can be sweet, spicy, and of course smoky. A hint of hickory or cherry tantalizes the senses. No wonder there is an entire day to celebrate!
global forgiveness.png
global forgiveness.png (23.42 KiB) Viewed 4131 times
lazy mom's.jpg
lazy mom's.jpg (12.79 KiB) Viewed 4131 times
Burnt Ends.jpg
Burnt Ends.jpg (12.91 KiB) Viewed 4131 times

Slip Shod

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Today is Global Forgiveness Day, National Lazy Mom's Day & National Burnt Ends

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:14 pm

Instead of 'the day' being Mom's Day how about this.. do the weekend.
Kids shipped somewhere else, I'll clean the house do laundry Saturday, you sleep in
confessions-i-wish-i-was-a-lazy-mom-main.jpg
when you get up we'll decide where to go to do dinner tonight
and all the ladies said, "amen"