( Friday NO PO) Today is Star Trek Day, National Ampersand Day & Oncology Nurse Day &

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Friday NO PO) Today is Star Trek Day, National Ampersand Day & Oncology Nurse Day &

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:17 am

Yea! For Star Trek, I am binging Deep Space Nine right now for the third, I think, time...lol...it is my favorite...Voyager is the second favorite, and then just a sentimental attachment to the original...I have binged it several times and Next Generation, I keep meaning to check out the newer ones but, haven't...

I love Ampersands, I use them all the time...

My oncology nurses were awesome, and they made everything more bearable...

star trek.jpg
star trek.jpg (16.15 KiB) Viewed 6430 times
ampersand.jpg
ampersand.jpg (16.09 KiB) Viewed 6430 times
oncology nurses.jpg
oncology nurses.jpg (12.12 KiB) Viewed 6430 times

Tarmaque

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Today is Star Trek Day, National Ampersand Day & Oncology Nurse Day &

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:34 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:17 am
Yea! For Star Trek, I am binging Deep Space Nine right now for the third, I think, time...lol...it is my favorite...Voyager is the second favorite, and then just a sentimental attachment to the original...I have binged it several times and Next Generation, I keep meaning to check out the newer ones but, haven't...
Definitely check out Star Trek: Lower Decks and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. Lower Decks is animated and hilarious if you're well acquainted with the ones you mentioned. Strange New Worlds is really good, and is the most like The Original Series of anything since then. It's about Captain Pike and his crew, including Spock, a very young Uhura right out of the academy, and they just introduced young Lieutenant Montgomery "Scotty" Scott in the last episode of season 2.

Just remember that Strange New Worlds is a different timeline than TOS. The actors are all great, and even includes Ethan Peck as Spock. Yes, grandson of Gregory Peck. You can hear it in his voice.

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Today is Star Trek Day, National Ampersand Day & Oncology Nurse Day &

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:46 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:34 am
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:17 am
Definitely check out Star Trek: Lower Decks and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. Lower Decks is animated and hilarious if you're well acquainted with the ones you mentioned. Strange New Worlds is really good, and is the most like The Original Series of anything since then. It's about Captain Pike and his crew, including Spock, a very young Uhura right out of the academy, and they just introduced young Lieutenant Montgomery "Scotty" Scott in the last episode of season 2.

Just remember that Strange New Worlds is a different timeline than TOS. The actors are all great, and even includes Ethan Peck as Spock. Yes, grandson of Gregory Peck. You can hear it in his voice.
Thanks, I'll make a note, I know Strange New World has been advertised on Paramount Plus where I watch the others

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:02 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:46 pm
Thanks, I'll make a note, I know Strange New World has been advertised on Paramount Plus where I watch the others
You won't regret it. Anson Mount's hair (Captain Pike) should get its own credit. It is magnificent.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:18 pm

20-Year-Old Dies Of 'Fried Rice Syndrome' After Eating 5-Day-Old Pasta
By Dave Basner

https://www.iheart.com/content/2022-07- ... old-pasta/
-
So sad and unfortunate, never should have happened

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:41 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:18 pm
20-Year-Old Dies Of 'Fried Rice Syndrome' After Eating 5-Day-Old Pasta
By Dave Basner

https://www.iheart.com/content/2022-07- ... old-pasta/
-
So sad and unfortunate, never should have happened
That is sad, and so young...