( Saturday NO PO) Today is Teddy Bear Day, Care Bear Share your Care Day & Weiner Schnitzel Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Saturday NO PO) Today is Teddy Bear Day, Care Bear Share your Care Day & Weiner Schnitzel Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:01 am

Teddy Bears are cute, but, I was always into the more different plush, I even have an otter, a rat, an alligator, a tarantula, etc...then again, they are bears, but, not the same and they are the BEST...

Care Bears of course...lol...I do love them , and have lots and lots of them and stuff with Care Bears on it...lol

I have never had Weiner Schnitzel, but it doesn't sound too bad ( similar to city chicken), though no veal for me, on principle, Rick loves veal though...here are the ingredients:

4 (5-ounce) veal cutlets (or chicken or pork cutlets)
1/4 cup all-purpose (or brown rice flour)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 large eggs, well beaten

1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Oil or lard, for frying
4 slices lemon, garnish

teddy bear.jpg
teddy bear.jpg (8.22 KiB) Viewed 7277 times
care bears share your care.jpg
care bears share your care.jpg (19.5 KiB) Viewed 7277 times
weiner schnitzel.jpg
weiner schnitzel.jpg (15.68 KiB) Viewed 7277 times

Tarmaque

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) Today is Teddy Bear Day, Care Bear Share your Care Day & Weiner Schnitzel Day

Post by Tarmaque » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:35 am

Utterly unrelated to anything, I've had an infection in my left upper eyelid now for two days. It's irritating, but not debilitating. It's inflamed and puffy so I can't open that eye all the way, and I look like I've had a stroke. Ice helps, but so does a nice hot shower. If it doesn't get any better by tomorrow I'll have to call the advice nurse.

It looks like someone bigger and stronger than me punched me in the eye. Or maybe even someone smaller and stronger. If it was a 12 year old girl fresh out of her kickboxing class I'd never admit it.
eyeball.jpeg

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) Today is Teddy Bear Day, Care Bear Share your Care Day & Weiner Schnitzel Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:09 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:35 am
Utterly unrelated to anything, I've had an infection in my left upper eyelid now for two days. It's irritating, but not debilitating. It's inflamed and puffy so I can't open that eye all the way, and I look like I've had a stroke. Ice helps, but so does a nice hot shower. If it doesn't get any better by tomorrow I'll have to call the advice nurse.

It looks like someone bigger and stronger than me punched me in the eye. Or maybe even someone smaller and stronger. If it was a 12 year old girl fresh out of her kickboxing class I'd never admit it.

eyeball.jpeg
A sty?

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:36 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:35 am

eyeball.jpeg
Tarmac this is a serious reply with the thought of helping you out, it's safe and I've used it in my own eyes and I've turned other people on to it and help them too, but it's colloidal silver. This is some great stuff, I know it'll clear up pink eye in a matter of a day and the colloidal silver is 100% safe and it will take care of any kind of infection or bacteria. Pick it up anywhere CVS or Walmart.
I used an eye dropper just a drop in each eye and it fixed me up. If it is pink eye you might want to use it twice a day in the morning and at night, but it'll work

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:41 pm

Pink eye is something that you can pick up off of surfaces. I've had it twice and I think I picked it up in a washroom when I was driving and going around the country, I've been in a lot of washrooms. Some of them crazy nasty so the whole idea is when you're out and about in public.. stores, what have you, you got to keep your hands clean. Wash them hands or have some wipes around about you
If you do pick up some colloidal silver, get the small bottle it'll come usually with an eye dropper
Shopping cart handles are a
ugly places for germs

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:20 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:09 pm
A sty?
No, but apparently it's related. BTW, it's a lot better this morning.
Slip Shod wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:36 pm
but it's colloidal silver.
I'm not interested in colloidal silver, but thanks for thinking about me.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:58 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:20 pm
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:09 pm
A sty?
No, but apparently it's related. BTW, it's a lot better this morning.
Slip Shod wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:36 pm
but it's colloidal silver.
I'm not interested in colloidal silver, but thanks for thinking about me.
Glad it is better, I get sties once in a while, only reason I thought of it...

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:11 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:58 pm
Glad it is better, I get sties once in a while, only reason I thought of it...
Still red, but not as puffy and it isn't leaking tears nearly as much. I guess the internet was right this time!

Edit: I just noticed my nose looks enormous in that picture! Weird!

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:00 am

T :
"Still red, but not as puffy and it isn't leaking tears nearly as much. I guess the internet was right this time!

Edit: I just noticed my nose looks enormous in that picture! Weird!
"
[/quote]
Nothing I can do with the nose, but I can help you with the eye
eyeball~3.jpeg

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:01 am

Slip Shod wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:00 am
Nothing I can do but the nose but I can help with the eye
Better than my idea with the melon baller.