( Wednesday NO PO) Today is Positive Thinking Day, Bald is Beautiful Day, And Peanut Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Wednesday NO PO) Today is Positive Thinking Day, Bald is Beautiful Day, And Peanut Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:08 am

Positive thinking is contagious, if you focus on the positive it is good for your mental health and it is self-perpetuating, I try to do it most of the time. Psychologically it is better for you, and those around you. And it can be self-fulfilling in a good way rather than self-fulfilling negativity.

Need I say, The Rock, and Vin Deisel to name two men who are hot and bald,( and the guy in the pic...lol) It doesn't look good on all guys, but, if you have the face for it it is pretty sexy, Men seem to worry more about being bald than women care about. If it looks good on you, go for it. When I was bald due to the chemo, not sure I would say beautiful, but I didn't look as bad or scary as I thought I would, looked kinda delicate because of the thinner eyelashes, etc...I was confident enough in it that I just went with it, rather than wear ill-fitting and really hot wigs or hats etc ( made me sweat, which because of the chemo was brown....yuck, so it both looked bad and ruined headwear.) So, I must have the face for it.

I like peanuts, not my favorite, but, still good, I miss them at Texas Roadhouse and I miss getting peanut butter cookies at Subway, which were awesome....my boss is allergic to them, so I get it, it is just a shame
positive thinking.jpg
positive thinking.jpg (9.84 KiB) Viewed 4993 times
bald is beautiful.jpg
bald is beautiful.jpg (10.7 KiB) Viewed 4993 times
peanuts.jpg
peanuts.jpg (11.15 KiB) Viewed 4993 times

Tarmaque

Re: ( Wednesday NO PO) Today is Positive Thinking Day, Bald is Beautiful Day, And Peanut Day

Post by Tarmaque » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:50 am

My buddy has been shaving his head since the early 90's, and it works on him. I've never done it, but I see it in my future because I refuse to do a comb-over. However I've had a pretty severe buzz cut for a long time, and with my hair and skin tone I'm pretty sure I look bald from any distance.

Slip Shod

Re: ( Wednesday NO PO) Today is Positive Thinking Day, Bald is Beautiful Day, And Peanut Day

Post by Slip Shod » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:23 am

" if you focus on the positive .."
• Charlie gets it ✅
59356e29c9913074fe373d3d489ae223.jpg

and you brought up the subject of hairless guys which had me thinking who first said 'beauty is the in the eye of the beholder'? It's credited to her, 19th century popular author
MARGARET WOLFE HUNGERFORD "THE DUCHESS," 1855-1897
Margaret Wolfe Hungerford, who wrote under the name The Duchess, was an Irish author of popular romantic fiction