( Saturday NO PO) Today is Nat'L Play Doh Day, Nat'l Gymnastics Day, Step Family Day & Cinnamon Roll Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Saturday NO PO) Today is Nat'L Play Doh Day, Nat'l Gymnastics Day, Step Family Day & Cinnamon Roll Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:30 am

I love Play-Doh, I actually have a kit of a bunch of cans given to me as a Christmas gift from one of my sisters...I haven't gotten around to trying it out, and it may have even dried out, though the cans haven't been opened...but, they are pretty and cool to look out, all these new, pastel colors...

I love watching gymnastics, though I could never do any of it, even when I was younger and limber, I couldn't even manage splits so I could try out for cheerleader...lol...I favor the Winter Olympics overall, but, gymnastics is one of the things I watch the summer ones for, those people are so awesome in their talents...

Technically, everyone in my immediate family is a step except my mom...my dad did adopt me and he never made me feel like I didn't belong at all..sometimes my siblings, kids being cruel would throw it in my face then they found out...but, overall we remain close ( well, except for the youngest surprise baby, he has managed to alienate all of us.)...I did often feel it was obvious I was not biologically related to them, my sisters are some version of blonde and the boys are light brownish/blonde, like my dad, my mom's Italian side didn't come through with any of them that way...lol...I also am the only one with brown eyes, even my mom's are green and everyone else is green, hazel, blue etc.

I love raisin toast, but haven't had it in ages, it has always been pretty pricey for a small loaf and even moreso now...with real butter of course...

Play Doh.jpg
Play Doh.jpg (18.02 KiB) Viewed 5092 times
gymnastics.jpg
gymnastics.jpg (15.59 KiB) Viewed 5092 times
Play Doh.jpg
Play Doh.jpg (18.02 KiB) Viewed 5092 times
Cinnamon Raisin.jpg
Cinnamon Raisin.jpg (14.56 KiB) Viewed 5092 times

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) Today is Nat'L Play Doh Day, Nat'l Gymnastics Day, Step Family Day & Cinnamon Roll Day

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:49 am

So check this out. I am officially living the most bizarre job in the world. I've been back from FMLA for 2 weeks now. Day 1 my boss said he didn't have any work for me and he needed to work it out. and 2 weeks later the only task I've been given is to get a quote. So basically they are paying me to sit at my desk and wait for further instructions. I'm not sure how long they can hold out, but I can do this all the way to retirement if they would like.

Slip Shod

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) Today is Nat'L Play Doh Day, Nat'l Gymnastics Day, Step Family Day & Cinnamon Roll Day

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:09 am

SHOOFLY PIE
I've heard of it but have to admit I've never had it. Love to try it
Shoofly-Pie-Pic.jpg
https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/shoofly-pie

- here's some background & a recipe