( Monday NO PO) Today is Nat'l CheeseburgerDay, Nat'l Air Force Birthday , and World Bamboo Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Monday NO PO) Today is Nat'l CheeseburgerDay, Nat'l Air Force Birthday , and World Bamboo Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:02 am

Well, the other day was DBL cheeseburger, today it is just the regular one, which I do love if made correctly with good ground beef...

I always thought the Air Force was the coolest Military division...I love planes and jets and flying and think all the newer fighters etc. are awesome

Bamboo seems to be really popular these days and I guess it is good environmentally and as a replacement for other materials...

cheeseburger.jpg
cheeseburger.jpg (9.2 KiB) Viewed 5700 times
air force.jpg
air force.jpg (12.79 KiB) Viewed 5700 times
bamboo.jpg
bamboo.jpg (11.43 KiB) Viewed 5700 times

In the neighborhood
Tarmaque

Re: ( Monday NO PO) Today is Nat'l CheeseburgerDay, Nat'l Air Force Birthday , and World Bamboo Day

Post by Tarmaque » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:28 am

Bamboo has got to be the most versatile plant in the world. You can make nearly anything out of it, from flooring to cutting boards to bed-linens to toilet paper. Some varieties grow faster than any tree in the world, and yet are far stronger than any fast growing tree. Their fast growth makes them excellent carbon sinks, and the detritus that accumulates under the plants makes for excellent water retention. There are varieties that will grow in most climates and it is easy to propagate. The raw material is extremely strong in compression and tension, yet flexible and durable in flexion. If you want to know what to grow after the apocalypse, bamboo is a good choice

Slip Shod

Re: ( Monday NO PO) Today is Nat'l CheeseburgerDay, Nat'l Air Force Birthday , and World Bamboo Day

Post by Slip Shod » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:14 pm

and there's a plus, bamboo worms. Bamboo being the subject I pulled up some videos and discovered bamboo worms in the bamboo evidently quite delicious deep fried or eaten on the spot. Oriental cuisine is so varied and interesting
question of the day - are there McDonald's in India
?

I checked out McDonald's and throughout Texas and California they do have a sandwich called the Mcplant - no meat whatsoever

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:16 pm

The US Banned These Chinese Food Exports For Good Reason
By Jon Gardocki

https://standardnews.com/banned-chinese-foods/