(Thursday NO PO) Today is National Drink Beer Day, National Good Neighbor Day, and National Strawberry Cream Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

(Thursday NO PO) Today is National Drink Beer Day, National Good Neighbor Day, and National Strawberry Cream Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:44 am

I am not a beer drinker, but, I like this pic and I know some people are.

I have mostly had good neighbors ( except the one who burgled my house...lol..though he was fine until then...lol) and I try to be a good neighbor, I even give little food gifts for Christmas and a card. I do have two new neighbors, one has been here for a few months and I have never seen her...lol...she is home when I leave for work and gone when I get back and I have never even seen her outside anywhere, the other one just moved in about ten days ago, I did meet his mother and talked to her twice ( he is middle-aged I am guessing, she is a bit older than me, and is apparently single, with no kids...) and I have seen his car, but, haven't seen him, and I don't have anything to bring to either to say hello or I would do that...

I have never had Strawberry cream pie, though I love strawberries and regular Strawberry pie, so I would probably like it.

Drink Beer.jpg
Drink Beer.jpg (15.56 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
good neighbor.jpg
good neighbor.jpg (13.43 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
strawberry Cream Pie.jpg
strawberry Cream Pie.jpg (13.46 KiB) Viewed 2508 times

Slip Shod

Re: (Thursday NO PO) Today is National Drink Beer Day, National Good Neighbor Day, and National Strawberry Cream Day

Post by Slip Shod » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:50 pm

Light beers, pilsners and ales, all that, don't do much for me though I have had my share.
Now I'm into dark beers. They have more body and flavor & and maybe one or two. It's all about enjoying the moment at hand.
Stupid is for the young to enjoy and experience.

Tarmaque

Re: (Thursday NO PO) Today is National Drink Beer Day, National Good Neighbor Day, and National Strawberry Cream Day

Post by Tarmaque » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:14 pm

I've been lucky here with neighbors. They range from pleasant to absent. My downstairs neighbor and I have become pretty good friends, and are planning on moving out into a house together in six to ten months. If the stars align. We've been living so closely together for the last three years that it's almost as if we live together anyway.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:36 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:14 pm
I've been lucky here with neighbors. They range from pleasant to absent. My downstairs neighbor and I have become pretty good friends, and are planning on moving out into a house together in six to ten months. If the stars align. We've been living so closely together for the last three years that it's almost as if we live together anyway.
Is this or could this be more than friends/roomies?

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:52 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:36 pm
Oh hell no. She's a lesbian, and 20 years younger than me. That said, her preferred partners tend to be much older than she is. We're both on the "I'm not interested in a new partner" highway right now.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:58 pm

Z, you may be interested in this. Elon musk reads over 100+ books a year, here's an article talking about . 9 must reads https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-mu ... 015-7?op=1
I wonder where he finds the time. I'm thinking he's a speed reader. I've seen demonstrations of speed reading, turning the page about every 2-3 seconds

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:10 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:52 pm
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:36 pm
Oh hell no. She's a lesbian, and 20 years younger than me. That said, her preferred partners tend to be much older than she is. We're both on the "I'm not interested in a new partner" highway right now.
Well, I live with a gay man who is 18 years younger than me, so, not surprised...lol..just wondered

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:11 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:58 pm
Z, you may be interested in this. Elon musk reads over 100+ books a year, here's an article talking about . 9 must reads https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-mu ... 015-7?op=1
I wonder where he finds the time. I'm thinking he's a speed reader. I've seen demonstrations of speed reading, turning the page about every 2-3 seconds
It was paywalled for me, but, I wouldn't trust a thing he recommends, he is another creepy disgusting man.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:27 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:10 pm
Well, I live with a gay man who is 18 years younger than me, so, not surprised...lol..just wondered
Strange coinkidink.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:42 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:27 am
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:10 pm
Strange coinkidink.
Yep, it was actually what I thought of when you mentioned it...that maybe it was the same situation