( Saturday NO PO) National Love People Day, National Ghost Hunting Day & Chewing Gum Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Saturday NO PO) National Love People Day, National Ghost Hunting Day & Chewing Gum Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:58 pm

Sorry I am late, I am way behind today. Today is Love People Day, which works for me, it is a good thing for everyone including yourself.

Ghosts, don't know that I believe in them, not sure about souls either, but, I am open to the idea that there may be...there are still a lot of things we don't understand, could be. And it is just energy most likely, who knows? Nice to speculate...

I chewed gum sometimes when I was younger, and loved Beemans, Peppermint, and bubble gum, Can't do it anymore, unfortunately.
Love People.png
Love People.png (20.52 KiB) Viewed 2274 times
Ghost Hnting.jpg
Ghost Hnting.jpg (7.17 KiB) Viewed 2274 times
Chewing Gum.jpg
Chewing Gum.jpg (19.07 KiB) Viewed 2274 times

Slip Shod

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) National Love People Day, National Ghost Hunting Day & Chewing Gum Day

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:17 pm

I agree with you Z, so far it's you and me.. two votes on loving people & of course there is such a thing as a soul. Do you think all that there is is mentality, mind and physicality, body. IF that were true then only very intelligent people could write a song OR paint beautiful pictures -- but we know that's not true. The inspiration for creativity isn't in the intelligence of mind, but in the inspiration of the spirit of man released in his soul and expressed in the arts. You may need to rethink your position. But going to back to the first point.. I'll love you whether you believe so or not

Tarmaque

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) National Love People Day, National Ghost Hunting Day & Chewing Gum Day

Post by Tarmaque » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:31 pm

I hate people in general, so I guess this is not my day.

I chew gum a lot. I always have some in the house and my pickup.

I'm glad some people believe in ghosts. It's so fun to play tricks on them.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:42 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:17 pm
I agree with you Z, so far it's you and me.. two votes on loving people & of course there is such a thing as a soul. Do you think all that there is is mentality, mind and physicality, body. IF that were true then only very intelligent people could write a song OR paint beautiful pictures -- but we know that's not true. The inspiration for creativity isn't in the intelligence of mind, but in the inspiration of the spirit of man released in his soul and expressed in the arts. You may need to rethink your position. But going to back to the first point.. I'll love you whether you believe so or not
I think creativity is both intelligence ( and gifts), and spirit, which is different to me than souls...souls have a religious connotation I no longer believe in.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:04 pm

Z:
"I think creativity is both intelligence ( and gifts), and spirit, which is different to me than souls...souls have a religious connotation I no longer believe in".
[/quote]
I think we have a fairly good idea what intelligence is when we talk about it and we know physicality, what each of our bodies are.
Our souls are what blends the two together making us the personality that we are as we walk out this existence. It's the middle ground between body and inspiration, at least that's how I see it