( Saturday NO PO) Today is National Chocolate Covered Pretzels, LED Lights & Inner Beauty Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Saturday NO PO) Today is National Chocolate Covered Pretzels, LED Lights & Inner Beauty Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:23 am

Originally, I never thought salt on chocolate, or chocolate on pretzels would be a good thing, boy was I wrong...they are awesome, so is any salted chocolate or salted caramel, etc...to die for... and chocolate is good for you, and pretzels are the lowest calorie intake of the "chippie" type things.

I fought LED lights for a while, but, I tried one in the lamp on the end table that sits next to the couch where I sit in my living room...I thought they wouldn't be bright enough and I need a lot of light to read...so, I replaced all my light bulbs in the house with them ( and they last years they say, we shall see, it has been months so far) the lamps, the chandeliers and ceiling fan, the overhead lights, the line lamp over my desk, the vanity lights in my bathroom and the touch lamps in my bedroom, my porch light...they are very bright and have held up longer than the old bulbs...they are expensive, but if they live up to their hype it will be worth it and work out in the long run money wise. I like the ones in the picture and I like the new Christmas lights, the way they look, but, I am sticking with the old style red and green ones because there is nothing equivalent.

Inner Beauty...I hope I have some, though I don't think I am ugly outside either...lol..I try to be a good person, and care about other people and animals...I don't know what you call it in guys, as beauty is the wrong word for them, but, I know guys who are and I just call them sweeties...though looks are a bigger deal with women and they matter a lot more for us and the expectations.
chocolate covered Pretzels.jpg
chocolate covered Pretzels.jpg (26.36 KiB) Viewed 2060 times
led lights.jpg
led lights.jpg (17.66 KiB) Viewed 2060 times
Inner Beauty.png
Inner Beauty.png (29.72 KiB) Viewed 2060 times

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) Today is National Chocolate Covered Pretzels, LED Lights & Inner Beauty Day

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:21 am

I just wanted to let everyone on this forum know that I lost my job of 16 years on Wednesday. I'm having a really hard time with it. So if my involvement hear seems spotty or a I seem distracted that is why. I have good reason to think I was discriminated against, but who knows what that's worth in the real world. There is just a lot I'm dealing with right now.

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) Today is National Chocolate Covered Pretzels, LED Lights & Inner Beauty Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:37 am

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:21 am
I just wanted to let everyone on this forum know that I lost my job of 16 years on Wednesday. I'm having a really hard time with it. So if my involvement hear seems spotty or a I seem distracted that is why. I have good reason to think I was discriminated against, but who knows what that's worth in the real world. There is just a lot I'm dealing with right now.
I am soo sorry Guide, I hope you talked to a lawyer already...and applied for unemployment, they will probably decline it, but, you can appeal that and could win.

Don't worry, we all have stuff...

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:24 am

Oh, man. I feel for you. As someone who's been out of work for better than six months, I can say with confidence that it sucks.

Probably not the best time to report that I interviewed twice in the last two weeks and am hired pending background checks and a physical. And training. Paperwork starts Monday, and training starts on the 30th.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:17 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:24 am
Oh, man. I feel for you. As someone who's been out of work for better than six months, I can say with confidence that it sucks.

Probably not the best time to report that I interviewed twice in the last two weeks and am hired pending background checks and a physical. And training. Paperwork starts Monday, and training starts on the 30th.

Good Luck!

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:55 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:17 pm
Good Luck!
Thank you!

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:19 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:55 pm
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:17 pm
Good Luck!
Thank you!
Welcome

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:11 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:24 am
Probably not the best time to report that I interviewed twice in the last two weeks and am hired pending background checks and a physical.
The state I'm in I will take any good news. Even somebody else's. Congratulations.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:18 pm

Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:11 am
The state I'm in I will take any good news. Even somebody else's. Congratulations.
You'll be fine. There's always selling drugs. I hear that can be quite lucrative.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:32 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:18 pm
You'll be fine. There's always selling drugs. I hear that can be quite lucrative.
For a few years anyway.