(sunday PO) Biden's dog Commander has left the White House

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

GuideToACrazyWorld

(sunday PO) Biden's dog Commander has left the White House

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:19 am

https://www.npr.org/2023/10/04/12038086 ... hite-house
President Biden's dog Commander is no longer staying at the White House as the first family tries to figure out how to stop him from biting Secret Service officers.

The German shepherd has been involved in a series of altercations. The most recent known incident was on Sept. 25, when he bit a Secret Service officer, who was treated by medical personnel at the White House.

"Commander is not presently on the White House campus while next steps are evaluated," said Elizabeth Alexander, a spokesperson for first lady Jill Biden, in a statement. CNN was first to report his departure.
Sponsor Message
Biden's dog, Commander, has been biting Secret Service agents
Politics
Biden's dog, Commander, has been biting Secret Service agents

Alexander said the Bidens "care deeply about the safety of those who work at the White House and those who protect them every day. They remain grateful for the patience and support of the U.S. Secret Service and all involved, as they continue to work through solutions."

She did not say where Commander was staying, or whether he would be returning to the White House.

His departure follows that of another Biden dog, a German shepherd named Major, who was sent to live with a family friend in Delaware in 2021 after biting people at the White House.

Commander, then a puppy, joined the Bidens at the White House later that year. But in the latter part of 2022, Secret Service agents raised concerns about his aggressive behavior. The dog bit several agents a total of 10 times as of January according to emails obtained in a lawsuit filed by conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: (sunday PO) Biden's dog Commander has left the White House

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:19 am

I don't know why but this cracked me up and if NPR calls it politics who am I to dissagree?

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:30 am

Yeah, I've been following this one. As they say, "There's no such thing as a bad dog, only bad owners." In this case I would say it's likely that Uncle Joe shouldn't have got this one knowing he wouldn't have time to properly train it. And/or had made arrangements for serious obedience training before bringing it to The White House.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:19 pm

I'm wondering what gender the dog identifies with