( Friday NO PO) Today is Train your Brain Day, Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness, Navy and No Bra Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Friday NO PO) Today is Train your Brain Day, Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness, Navy and No Bra Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:55 am

I am having some short-term memory issues, mostly stupid stuff, like names I know I know and just can't retrieve right away, or words I know I know how to spell and can't...it comes to me eventually...I do a lot of word games and word trivia, and crossword puzzles, things they say are good to do... and read a lot, trying to keep my brain as active as I can so it lasts for a while at least..I do have an advantage in having longevity on my maternal side at least...I have read that doing

Metastatic Breast Cancer is the most serious, where it is stage four and has moved to other parts of your body, this is why you should do regular mammograms...especially if there is a history of that specific gene in your family...there is no history of any kind of breast cancer in my family, so, I don't worry about it much...I am due for a mammogram, but I hate them and procrastinate a lot, but, I would notice any changes and I am already familiar with general cancer indicators...I think most people are aware of all this for that matter, especially women...two of my BFF from HS and several others from HS have all had breast cancer, but, all of them are in remission ( and one spread to her lungs, but, she is fine)...

Navy Day...yea! I love boats, ships, and being on the water...good for them

The No Bra thing is part of the above awareness thing, as you have to take it off to get the mammogram I assume...I wish one didn't have to wear them at all, I finally found one style that is much better than most in the past, but, still not perfect, I can't believe at least a woman could come up with a comfortable, well-fitting one...it is the first thing I take off when I get home...lol..and unfortunately can't go without one in public...

Train your Brain.png
Train your Brain.png (19.83 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
Navy Day.jpg
Navy Day.jpg (7.68 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
No Bra Day.jpg
No Bra Day.jpg (5.56 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
Breast Cancer.png
Breast Cancer.png (17.19 KiB) Viewed 1730 times

Slip Shod

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Today is Train your Brain Day, Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness, Navy and No Bra Day

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:18 pm

I'm with you Z. You have to keep your brain stimulated. I like those number puzzles, SUDOKU. I've been into them for several years now don't remember why or when I first started, probably out of boredom, but I'm not too shabby. I'll leave the easy ones go and usually start with medium, knock them out & advance into hard ones once I find my stride. Only after I finish the medium and the hard and have nothing else I'll go back and knock off the easy ones.
With hard ones there's usually a couple of key moves you have to find that unlock the rest of it. When I'm deep in thought it's almost otherworldly I'm completely lost in the problem. Sometimes I need to go back to three or four times to rethink and study it out before it comes to me
And sometimes a puzzle will beat me - I won't cheat. The puzzle answers are in the back

Tarmaque

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Today is Train your Brain Day, Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness, Navy and No Bra Day

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:53 pm

In recognition of "No bra day," I will not be wearing a bra.

I saw a woman last night in Trader Joe's who clearly wasn't wearing a bra. She could get away with it. Trouble is, too many can not.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:49 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:53 pm

I saw a woman last night in Trader Joe's who clearly wasn't wearing a bra. She could get away with it. Trouble is, too many can not.
GIFs.gif
GIFs.gif (745.98 KiB) Viewed 1701 times
it's 'hang out at the bottom of the stairs day'

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:12 pm

Tarmaque wrote:

Yeah, you have to be fairly small-breasted to get away with it, plus, the bigger you are the more you need that support...lol...

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:12 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:49 pm
Tarmaque wrote:

GIFs.gif
it's 'hang out at the bottom of the stairs day'
What is it about bouncing breasts for guys anyway...lol

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:01 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:12 pm
Dunno.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:59 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:01 am
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:12 pm
Dunno.
ha, thanks for that erudite response...lol

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:54 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:59 pm

Careful, or My next response may be sesquipedalian.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:57 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:54 pm
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:59 pm

Careful, or My next response may be sesquipedalian.
HA HA...I just recently learned that word from a word trivia game I play... a cool word...I know quite a few long words, but, I don't use them often, I feel it makes me sound pretentious...lol...I get enough flack just using words a lot of people actually don't know what they mean...lol...and for me, they are normal words...

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:22 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:57 am
I get enough flack just using words a lot of people actually don't know what they mean...lol...and for me, they are normal words...
Yeah, me too.