( Saturday NO PO) Today is Dessert Day, Real Sugar Day, Motorcycle Ride Day & Chess Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Saturday NO PO) Today is Dessert Day, Real Sugar Day, Motorcycle Ride Day & Chess Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:11 pm

Yea for desserts...lol...Ice cream and pies would probably be my favorite, though I also love "real" cheesecake, especially NY style...with cherry glaze

I put real sugar in my coffee, but use one Sweet n Low in my Ice Tea...I don't think sugar is bad per se, just the calories, but, I think artificial sweeteners are not so good, especially if you use a lot of them, I use one or two a day. I still don't care for the taste as compared to real sugar, but, it is doable and saves me calories.

I haven't been on a motorcycle in years, and doubt I would be able to ride anymore if I had the opportunity, but, I do miss it ( I never drove one myself, and their sheer size and weight made it near impossible for me to pick up or hold them up.) But, I did love riding behind someone. My boss has two Harleys in the garage with his classic cars and he doesn't think due to back issues he will ever ride them again, especially on long trips. ( he went to Sturgis regularly at one time)

I know how to move the pieces in chess, and think the pieces and boards are cool, especially the ones that are Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings characters, etc...( pretty pricey, Rick would love either one, but, I can't afford them) but, I can not think ahead more than a move and suck at the strategizing...my ex husband used to play with me, for a bit, and then it got too boring for him because he always won...lol ...just like he always won at Risk, and I stopped playing...lol
dessert.jpg
dessert.jpg (21.98 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
real sugar.jpg
real sugar.jpg (12.77 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
motorcycle ride.jpg
motorcycle ride.jpg (12.8 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
chess.jpg
chess.jpg (8.29 KiB) Viewed 1220 times

Slip Shod

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) Today is Dessert Day, Real Sugar Day, Motorcycle Ride Day & Chess Day

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:25 pm

This is going back sometime, in fact years ago. I had a friend that was into chess - me not so much. I think it was the last time I played chess. I beat him, check mated him in four moves and I don't even know what I did. It surprised both of us
I quit playing, you know, quit while your ahead