( SundayNO PO) Today is National Grouch Day, National I Love Lucy Day & Global Handwashing Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( SundayNO PO) Today is National Grouch Day, National I Love Lucy Day & Global Handwashing Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:15 am

I love the Grouch , he is too funny...I have a pretty plush one of him in his Garbage Can along with some smaller versions of him...I don't really care for real people who are always grouchy...lol...they negativity brings me down...lol...

I am a big fan of I Love Lucy..I think this pic is from the classic one with the conveyor belt if I am not mistaken...she was very funny, and it was a fun show...on the way to Seneca is her hometown, Jamestown NY in Chautauqua County ( love saying that word...lol) and they have a museum and I always want to stop and check it out, but, we are usually time-constrained...maybe some day.

I have always washed my hands a lot, that was the way I was taught and I think it is a good thing...now, I have to pee so often I wash them even more...lol...
Grouch.jpg
Grouch.jpg (18.6 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
I Love Lucy.jpg
I Love Lucy.jpg (12.02 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
Handwashing.png
Handwashing.png (26.51 KiB) Viewed 1174 times

Tarmaque

Re: ( SundayNO PO) Today is National Grouch Day, National I Love Lucy Day & Global Handwashing Day

Post by Tarmaque » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:45 am

Fun fact about Lucy, the original Star Trek series was in development when it's producers were about to pull out because they thought it was "too cerebral." Desilu came to their rescue and backed the first season, and the rest is history. Without Lucile Ball we wouldn't have Star Trek.

Slip Shod

Re: ( SundayNO PO) Today is National Grouch Day, National I Love Lucy Day & Global Handwashing Day

Post by Slip Shod » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:54 pm

Winter Temperature Outlook For 2023-24 Has El Niño's Signature

https://weather.com/safety/winter/news/ ... es-el-nino