( Sunday NO PO) Today is Make a Dog's Day, Color Day & Nut Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Sunday NO PO) Today is Make a Dog's Day, Color Day & Nut Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:47 am

Good thing to treat dogs well, any animals well ...( saw a buzzard yesterday next door trying to drag some road kill off the berm and in the grass so he could eat it safely...I know we have them, but, I have never seen one in this area my whole life, it appears that things that were declining or left have come back and I am seeing new animals ( to me) all the time. There is this tallish grey bird, that looks like a predator bird that I keep seeing on the telephone/electric wires on the telephone pools ..haven't figured out what it is yet...I haven't been back outside to see if he succeeded, I was afraid he would get hit by a car..it happens a lot around here, ( rural roads, people speed and some don't seem to care if they hit and kill animals) he would suddenly fly away as traffic got near...) I also so a new cat in my front yard, a brown tiger type, he eyed me suspiciously, and then took off...so I suspect it is a feral one.

Colors, you know I love me some colors, my eye is attracted to them, often when I go by Garage sales and see bright colors, I have to stop and see what they are...lol...

And nuts, love most of them too, Bill is allergic to peanuts unfortunately and I told him he should get tested again, and that he might not be allergic to all nuts...I know there is a difference between tree nuts and not tree nuts...he has eaten a pecan or two, so those seem safe... the same with shellfish, I don't know if it is all shellfish or just certain ones...he has a lot of allergies...so glad mine are only skin related...I would miss pecans and cahsews and pistachio's especially a lot and lobster and shrimp for sure...

dogs.jpg
dogs.jpg (11.09 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
colors.jpg
colors.jpg (17.06 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
Nuts.jpg
Nuts.jpg (18.15 KiB) Viewed 1401 times

Slip Shod

Re: ( Sunday NO PO) Today is Make a Dog's Day, Color Day & Nut Day

Post by Slip Shod » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:34 pm

good morning Z, is there such a thing as a nerd day?
-
Universe Contains 10 Times More Galaxies Previously Thought
TOPICS:AstronomyAstrophysics

https://scitechdaily.com/universe-conta ... y-thought/
-
you like brightly colored things, okay Z when I win lottery I'm having your house painted just like this
2ad5c2f03c768c347c38b8c4845fb432.jpg
-
All kinds of critters where I'm living & buzzards are pretty common sight as well as wild turkey, plenty of coyote (hate those critters) and seems turtles too. I'm told there's a pair of nesting eagles within a couple miles. Some folks have seen them, not to mention circling hawks and owls.
When the weather is warm they'll be hummingbirds around the porch I'm sitting even coming up close at least 2 days a week. And you can't go speeding down these back roads because of the deer

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:48 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:34 pm
good morning Z, is there such a thing as a nerd day?
-
Universe Contains 10 Times More Galaxies Previously Thought
TOPICS:AstronomyAstrophysics

https://scitechdaily.com/universe-conta ... y-thought/
-
you like brightly colored things, okay Z when I win lottery I'm having your house painted just like this
2ad5c2f03c768c347c38b8c4845fb432.jpg
-
All kinds of critters where I'm living & buzzards are pretty common sight as well as wild turkey, plenty of coyote (hate those critters) and seems turtles too. I'm told there's a pair of nesting eagles within a couple miles. Some folks have seen them, not to mention circling hawks and owls.
When the weather is warm they'll be hummingbirds around the porch I'm sitting even coming up close at least 2 days a week. And you can't go speeding down these back roads because of the deer
Yes, there is a nerd day, I believe it was relatively recently I posted it
I love that house...lol...though I suspect my more staid neighbors would not approve...but, I like being me...lol
I never saw a wild turkey till recently...we have coyotes, I have heard them, but never seen one...we have around 6 eagles nesting where I work and we had red-tailed hawks, but, I think they moved on and then the eagles came...I have only seen an owl once and they are my favorite and would like to see more, especially the snowy owl which I only recently learned we actually have, especially around the lake...the one I saw was in a bare tree in the winter , just sitting on a branch, but I was on a highway and didn't get a good look....I have heard the though..

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:59 am

You mentioned something about Indians the other day Z
Here's a native Indian proverb I've come upon
--
c884fc24338b667d1ef81061c749734b.jpg
c884fc24338b667d1ef81061c749734b.jpg (38.55 KiB) Viewed 1321 times