( Monday NO PO) Today is National Horror Movie Day, National Mole Day & National TV Talk Show Host Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Monday NO PO) Today is National Horror Movie Day, National Mole Day & National TV Talk Show Host Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:08 pm

I don't watch traditional horror slash 'em up teenager movies, I don't like the gore or the stupidity of going in the house, room etc...lol...( I do like the satire one...whose exact name escapes me at the moment...with Courtney Cox and David Arquette, I think there is more than one...I think they are Wes Craven movies also...I do like the old ( and new) vampire, Frankenstein, Mummy etc stuff and I like spiritual horror, like Rosemary's Baby, The Sentinel, The Omen etc...I love Stephen King, but, I don't like all his stories and none of them really scare me, I just love his characterizations and writing and the stories...

Apparently, though the pic is of the animal mole, this is in reference to a mathematical construct...referred to as the Avagadros number, which is expressed as 6.02 x 10 to the 23

I was a big fan of Johnny Carson and The Tonight Show, and I watched Phil Donahue a long time ago, I have rarely watched any modern Talk Show hosts, though I have seen some of Oprah's and Ellen Degeneres, which are still ldated...

Horror Movie.jpg
Horror Movie.jpg (11.56 KiB) Viewed 737 times
Avagadros Number.jpg
Avagadros Number.jpg (12.68 KiB) Viewed 737 times
Attachments
TV Talk Show.jpg
TV Talk Show.jpg (7.79 KiB) Viewed 737 times

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Monday NO PO) Today is National Horror Movie Day, National Mole Day & National TV Talk Show Host Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:50 am

@Slip Shod Why did you delete that, it was funny.

Slip Shod

Re: ( Monday NO PO) Today is National Horror Movie Day, National Mole Day & National TV Talk Show Host Day

Post by Slip Shod » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:29 am

I thought it was funny too - he was one of my favorites, a quick wit and zany/ fun, always catching the ladies off guard.
I'll go back and check him out again & I'll post another one, a new one

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:05 pm

Don't like horror flicks? You need to watch Tucker and Dale v/s Evil. Trust me.

Don't watch the trailers. They spoil the whole movie.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:51 pm

Speaking of TV ..

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:12 pm

Speaking of TV Z, remember that old show that used to be on called 'Trump and Son' ?
here goes ..