( Friday NO PO) Today is Frankenstein Day, National Black Cat & Breadstick Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Friday NO PO) Today is Frankenstein Day, National Black Cat & Breadstick Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:21 am

SIgh, somehow I just erased what I had typed...lol...I love Frankenstein and Vampires and Mummies and all those characters, and all the Halloween scary things and stuff...I am dressing up for Halloween Tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday ( not in a costume, because only Bill will see me anyway, though I have at other jobs worn a costume to work) but, I do have Halloween clothing, earrings, watches, socks, pajamas, slippers ( can't find my Tee shirts, I will look over the weekend..so, I am using the pajama tops ( lol) with black capris tomorrow and probably black pants when it gets colder... I am excited.

I love Black cats, they are my favorite, though the female ones tend to be neurotic, I have had four of the females and they were all a bit crazy...lol..( male cats generally make better pets for a lot of reasons, than the females are, so yea for black cats...I couldn't find a pic of the black cat look I like the best, but this one is pretty good

Breadsticks, yum...Olive Gardens used to be very good, but I started having trouble getting to not overcook them, they have to be soft...we have several independent pizza places that have stellar ones, and all are different, but, garlic butter to dip them in is awesome.

Frankenstein.jpg
Frankenstein.jpg (10.17 KiB) Viewed 1008 times
Black Cat.jpg
Black Cat.jpg (13.83 KiB) Viewed 1008 times
Breadsticks.jpg
Breadsticks.jpg (12.69 KiB) Viewed 1008 times

Tarmaque

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Today is Frankenstein Day, National Black Cat & Breadstick Day

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:29 pm

I wish I had a picture, but lately a local stray I've dubbed "Ghost Kitty" has been coming in and eating cat food. She (I think it's female) is a long-hair puff ball, mostly a creamy white except for her tail and parts of her feet. She's also got some sploches of grey on her back. Beautiful kitty, who won't let me get close to her.

I think she's a sibling of Jezebel, who's another stray that comes in and eats our food. Jezebel is a very friendly cat, who's clearly not much more than a kitten. Both of them have long fine fur, big paws like a Maine Coon, and huge fluffy tails. Jezebel is mostly grey with bits of tawny brown, and white socks on her back legs.

God damn it, I don't need any more cats!

Slip Shod

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Today is Frankenstein Day, National Black Cat & Breadstick Day

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:38 pm

~

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:03 pm

https://xkcd.com/2846/

Rollover text: "I average out the spring and fall changes and just set my clocks 39 minutes ahead year-round."

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:44 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:29 pm
I wish I had a picture, but lately a local stray I've dubbed "Ghost Kitty" has been coming in and eating cat food. She (I think it's female) is a long-hair puff ball, mostly a creamy white except for her tail and parts of her feet. She's also got some sploches of grey on her back. Beautiful kitty, who won't let me get close to her.

I think she's a sibling of Jezebel, who's another stray that comes in and eats our food. Jezebel is a very friendly cat, who's clearly not much more than a kitten. Both of them have long fine fur, big paws like a Maine Coon, and huge fluffy tails. Jezebel is mostly grey with bits of tawny brown, and white socks on her back legs.

God damn it, I don't need any more cats!
HA, that is the problem, you always want more...lol....there is a stray young, pregnant black cat that hangs around here at work, but, I think the guy down the way was feeding her, and took her home, I am happy, because I was worried about her...outdoor cats never live as long as indoor ones

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:16 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:44 pm
HA, that is the problem, you always want more...lol....there is a stray young, pregnant black cat that hangs around here at work, but, I think the guy down the way was feeding her, and took her home, I am happy, because I was worried about her...outdoor cats never live as long as indoor ones
I got Ghost Kitty to let me pet her a bit today. Briefly. She's so pretty.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:48 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:16 am
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:44 pm
I got Ghost Kitty to let me pet her a bit today. Briefly. She's so pretty.
Sometimes it takes time, especially if they are feral...but, if you keep at it, she will warm to you and start to trust, the guy who took the pretty black one at work says she wants loving, but is still nervous