( Saturday NO PO) Today is Chocolate Day, Make a Difference Day and Trick or Treat Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Saturday NO PO) Today is Chocolate Day, Make a Difference Day and Trick or Treat Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:54 am

Yea! for chocolate of course, all those on the tray looks yummy, makes me think of Suzin L's...lol...now I want peanut butter-filled chocolate shapes from Suzin L's...

I always try to make a difference and sometimes I succeed...makes having a purpose in life more likely...

Trick or Treat, I loved dressing up and trick or treating as a kid, I still like to dress up when I can, and I miss handing out candy and other goodies...where I am there are no trick-or-treaters, it is sad. It was so much fun, I would dress up and put out the Ceramic Halloween stuff I made and some store bought stuff ...
chocolate.jpg
chocolate.jpg (17.56 KiB) Viewed 807 times
make a difference.jpg
make a difference.jpg (18.9 KiB) Viewed 807 times
Trick or Treat.jpg
Trick or Treat.jpg (11.66 KiB) Viewed 807 times

Slip Shod

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) Today is Chocolate Day, Make a Difference Day and Trick or Treat Day

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:34 pm

My thoughts today were about surviving if the country were going to go into unforeseen dire circumstances and a steady basic food source.
So the question is can you survive on beans and rice ? The answer is yes, but over prolonged lengths of time you really need a source of vitamin C as well. And for Z, dark chocolate isn't a necessity but it does have value .
And for me I might add, now we're talking surviving, but extras for me would be coffee, seasonings and salt .

Slip Shod

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) Today is Chocolate Day, Make a Difference Day and Trick or Treat Day

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:54 pm

There’s a New Type of Potato in Stores That’s So Creamy You Don’t Even Need Butter
And it’s available just in time for the holiday season.

By Susan B. Barnes Updated on October 27, 2023
-

https://www.allrecipes.com/new-upstate- ... es-8382668
I got an eye for weird things