(Tuesday NO PO) Happy Halloween! Today is also Magic Day & Caramel Apple Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

(Tuesday NO PO) Happy Halloween! Today is also Magic Day & Caramel Apple Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:23 am

Halloween is my second favorite Holiday, I dressed for work Friday, Today and I will Tomorrow, I couldn't find my Halloween T-shirts, but, I did find two brand new Halloween sweaters I didn't know I had...lol...And I have all my Halloween jewelry and socks, of course, the ones I wore today had bells on them, which cracked up Bill...

I love Magic, real or illusionary like magicians...it is just sooo cool...

Caramel Apples are awesome ( do you say Car-mel or care a mel? I say the first, Rick says the second ( and it annoys me, even though the dictionary says both are correct...If you get a minute google Mrs. Prindables ( if you love caramel apples...lol..they sell these huge ones often with different things in the caramel, they are to die for, though quite pricy they are worth it...lol

Halloween.jpg
Halloween.jpg (10.1 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
Magic.jpg
Magic.jpg (7.39 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
caramel apple.jpg
caramel apple.jpg (14.88 KiB) Viewed 1166 times

Z is for Zangie

Re: (Tuesday NO PO) Happy Halloween! Today is also Magic Day & Caramel Apple Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:24 am

It was a rough day and it was cold and rainy to boot...Rick's father, unfortunately, died yesterday and he hadn't spoken to him in ten years ( long story) , so he is conflicted and not in a very good mood.

We may get some snow flurries tonight and tomorrow.

Tarmaque

Re: (Tuesday NO PO) Happy Halloween! Today is also Magic Day & Caramel Apple Day

Post by Tarmaque » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:30 pm

Ugh. Freezing right now, but supposed to warm up today and be 50°s and rainy for the next 10 days.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:36 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:30 pm
Ugh. Freezing right now, but supposed to warm up today and be 50°s and rainy for the next 10 days.
It is 40 degrees right now here, and we are supposed to get snow tonight, though I don't think much accumulation. I am not looking forward to winter and hope it is a mild one

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:42 pm

Yeah, yesterday was my first day of training. We sat and got lectured about safety and did a BUNCH of paperwork. They sat me right under an air vent and it was blowing dry air right on me. I could hardly keep awake.

But the good news is my health care starts tomorrow, and they pay me for training. 8-9 weeks of it.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:41 pm

My mind is a hodgepodge of colors and puzzled pieces and now Halloween & and so now I dedicate this song to Tarmac -