( Wednesday NO PO) Today is Day of the Dead, National Author's Day and National Vinegar Day!

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Wednesday NO PO) Today is Day of the Dead, National Author's Day and National Vinegar Day!

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:36 pm

@GuideToACrazyWorld and his wife are big fans of this day I know...I just like the skulls and outfits...lol...it is so colorful...it runs this year from yesterday till tomorrow...it covers all Soul's Day and All Saints Day something celebrated in the Catholic church.

I love books as you all know...some of my favorite authors: are Jim Butcher, Terry Brooks, Tolkien, Michael Connelly, David Balducci, Sue Grafton, and Stephen King, ( These are all authors that I collect all their books for the most part, though I think I don't have all of Balducci's...oh, and JK Rowling, Dan Brown, Greg Isles, James Patterson,,,I could go on and on and my genre preferences for general reading are obvious...lol..of course, I love a lot of classic books, but read most of them many years ago

I love vinegar of any kind, I was always a vinegar and oil for salad dressing, though I will use different non-creamy Italians when I don't have that option...Balsamic is my favorite these days and I put malt vinegar on french fries...
Day of the Dead.jpg
Day of the Dead.jpg (22.79 KiB) Viewed 1250 times
Author's Day.jpg
Author's Day.jpg (17.17 KiB) Viewed 1250 times
Vinegar.jpg
Vinegar.jpg (12.51 KiB) Viewed 1250 times

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: ( Wednesday NO PO) Today is Day of the Dead, National Author's Day and National Vinegar Day!

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:38 am

We planned our wedding so that we could be in Mexico during Dia De Los Muertos. It's such a cool holiday and I believe the Latin American addatude about death is much heathier then ours.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: ( Wednesday NO PO) Today is Day of the Dead, National Author's Day and National Vinegar Day!

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:38 am

We planned our wedding so that we could be in Mexico during Dia De Los Muertos. It's such a cool holiday and I believe the Latin American addatude about death is much heathier then ours.