( Friday NO PO) Who was your first Crush and/or Kiss and what was her name and where were you?

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Friday NO PO) Who was your first Crush and/or Kiss and what was her name and where were you?

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:54 pm

Sorry I have been MIA, I am still fighting with now both my laptop and desktop...sigh, and it hs been busy at work. I thought of a cool question to ask. so I am going with that. Mine was in 5th grade. His name was David and he was weirdly my best friend's nephew ( her only other sibling was 20 years older than her)...I had it bad...lol.I was living in Sandusky at the time, after fifth grade my dad got promoted again and we moved back to Lorain...in 7th grade, I still thought about him and wrote a time travel short story with him as the protagonist...lol.
first crush.jpg

Slip Shod

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Who was your first Crush and/or Kiss and what was her name and where were you?

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:21 pm

I think I was 6 years old, both me and my cousin Ricky and of course Carolyn, we were all six years old and close neighbors. Rick's house was on one side & our house was on the other and Carolyn's house in the middle.
And Carolyn was beautiful too. Thinking back now, she reminds me of that beautiful blonde movie star in the original the Postman Never Rings Twice, Lana Turner.
There was a fence in between her yard and ours and Rick was with me in my yard - don't recall what we were doing I guess 6-year-old things
Anyway, she came out in her yard and we went over to the fence and we were just talking, the three of us. The next thing I knew we were all sitting on the ground up close to the fence and we were kissing through the fence. My cousin Rick went first and then we would take turns 👌

Mysterious Cat

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Who was your first Crush and/or Kiss and what was her name and where were you?

Post by Mysterious Cat » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:09 pm

The earliest crush, if it was in fact that, that I can remember was this girl who lived across the street in Arlington, VA, and whose name I cannot remember. She was a few years older than me, which probably would have made her around 10, and seemed to me to have a very mature, self possessed kind of confidence. My first kiss was in junior high, this time with the girl who lived on the other side of my back yard. But we had moved to a different state so it wasn't like I was playing the field or anything. It was sort of an experimental thing and it wasn't until somewhere around the middle of high school that I actually kissed a girl as a matter of course. I don't think I had an actual crush, per se, until I was in college, but I could just be denying and repressing everything in my bitter old age. Actually I'm not that bitter and not that old. But I could be denying and repressing stuff anyway. Pays to start early!

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:52 pm

First kiss is easy. I was six or seven, and my parents brought me along with them to one of their friends house for a dinner party. While the adults were in the living room chatting, their daughter took me into the back of the house to play. She was perhaps 9 or 10. I think her name was Heather, but that might have been her older sister. That was a long time ago. Anyway she suggested a game where we bounced a ball down the hallway and the loser had to kiss the winner. I played to lose.

First crush is tougher. I've had a bad habit all my life of crushing on the utterly unobtainable while not recognizing someone who was a much better fit right next to me. Angela, Janelle, and Stephanie were the ones who got away while I was chasing other people. Mistakes made, lessons learned.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:57 pm

Thanks for the stories guys, that went well and was most interesting than those days- of...
I have to work on finding more interesting questions, any suggestions?

@Tarmaque @Mysterious Cat @Slip Shod and @GuideToACrazyWorld even though he didn't respond...lol

Mysterious Cat

Post by Mysterious Cat » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:19 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:52 pm
I've had a bad habit all my life of crushing on the utterly unobtainable while not recognizing someone who was a much better fit right next to me.
This reminds me of a movie, viz. every teen romantic comedy ever. But if it makes you feel better I probably could have obtained more than one girl that I crushed on had I not been too awkward and uptight about it. Seeing how this is the internet where everything is private and everything I confess that in my youth I was very clumsy and shy around girls. Not so much about hanging around with them, more about seeing them as an other that I was supposed to be in a romantic relationship with. If I was gay this would have likely posed few problems, but it seems the universe has a sense of humor.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:27 am

Mysterious Cat wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:19 am
it seems the universe has a sense of humor.
So it does lad, so it does.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:14 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:57 pm
Tarmaque @Mysterious Cat @Slip Shod and @GuideToACrazyWorld even though he didn't respond...lol
Sorry. I've had a lot going on.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:48 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:14 am
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:57 pm
Tarmaque @Mysterious Cat @Slip Shod and @GuideToACrazyWorld even though he didn't respond...lol
Sorry. I've had a lot going on.
I know, I was just teasing you