( Sunday NO PO) Today is Chicken Soup for the Soul Day!

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Sunday NO PO) Today is Chicken Soup for the Soul Day!

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:57 pm

There is something restorative about chicken soup, not just for colds, flu, etc but, it is definitely a comfort food. And it is great for when the temps drop in the fall. It is one of only three soups I actually like too...lol...What are comfort foods for you?
Chicken Soup.jpg
Chicken Soup.jpg (14.66 KiB) Viewed 1562 times

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Sunday NO PO) Today is Chicken Soup for the Soul Day!

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:09 pm

I am having another horrible week...I didn't get to go to my Craft Shows yesterday because I woke up with excruciating pain in my right hand, specifically my middle finger. I couldn't do anything with it without shooting pain, and driving seemed kind of risky..I was very disappointed. I took a Motrin but it didn't help. I really wanted to go to these, they are two of my favorite ones...I guess a silver lining is this Friday, I will have more money for the Christmas Connection Craft Show at the IX by the Cleveland Airport airport Friday. I am taking the day off and my BFF and I are going.

Then later on in the day my lower back decided to attack me...lol...not sure why, I don't remember doing anything that would make it hurt. So, I spent the day not doing much other than sorting my clothes to wash today. Writing was hysterical...lol... I am switching summer to winter clothes later on...yippee, what fun...lol...

This morning the sharp pain is gone, but, now I can't bend my fingers and touch my palm, gonna be a struggle back is much better.

Have a Super Sunday.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:48 pm

Sorry to hear that Z. I hate it when things like that happen.

On the other hand you have inspired me to make chicken noodle soup. Probably for lunch.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:54 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:48 pm
Sorry to hear that Z. I hate it when things like that happen.

On the other hand you have inspired me to make chicken noodle soup. Probably for lunch.
Thanks, yum..getting old isn't for sissies as they say...lol..I never make my own soups...Rick likes to make Turkey soup with leftovers from Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner...

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:02 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:54 pm
getting old isn't for sissies
But all get old, both the brave and the coward. Unless they die young, which is somehow worse.

Mysterious Cat

Post by Mysterious Cat » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:26 pm

As a (mostly) smug vegetarian I don't eat chicken soup but over the past few weeks when I've had covid I've been eating a lot of canned soup, because it's 1. fluid and 2. you just dump it in a pot and heat it, which is what you want when you feel like crap and don't want to cook anything. Mostly vegetable but also some French Onion, although with the can you obviously don't get the crusty stuff on top. Otherwise I will often make pea or lentil soup from scratch, both of which are good sources of protein and other nutrients for (mostly) smug vegetarians, who can have trouble getting them otherwise. Also it's cheap, you can get a bag of split peas or lentils for like two dollars and it'll make several days worth of soup.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:04 am

Mysterious Cat wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:26 pm
I will often make pea or lentil soup from scratch
I make a mean lentil soup, and also a spicy Dahl with Thai panang curry paste. Nummy. I'm not a big fan of peas in general, unless paired with a fair amount of ham. Even then, I'd rather have navy beans.