( Monday NO PO) Today is World Kindness Day!

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Monday NO PO) Today is World Kindness Day!

Post by Z is for Zangie » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:35 am

I am a big proponent of kindness as you all know...One of the coolest Kindness things someone did for me was on one Valentine's Day, I went through the drive-through for coffee and a sausage biscuit before work...and the person ahead of me paid for my order, I was so tickled, especially as I was a bit depressed as I didn't have a Valentine...lol...I personally have paid for people's restaurant bill (a young couple with a baby who apparently thought they had more money in the bank than they did, hey cried when my sister and I paid it) was my favorite, and little kids at the store who want to buy something pretty simple and don't have enough...and I also smile at everyone I meet, and open doors etc. What examples have you had in your life of doing or receiving kindness? What is your favorite? I believe in paying it forward also. I also think it makes a difference i people's lives and our society.
World Kindness.png
World Kindness.png (24.66 KiB) Viewed 1961 times

Tarmaque

Re: ( Monday NO PO) Today is World Kindness Day!

Post by Tarmaque » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:06 pm

I'm considerably stressed. My cat Finn is missing. The last time I saw him was Saturday night when we went to bed. He was sleeping at my feet. He always comes in early in the morning meowing to be fed, and almost always spends the day asleep on my bed or on his bed. He's also really good about coming when I call him, but he didn't last night. I'm afraid a coyote got him, or maybe a raccoon.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:29 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:06 pm
I'm considerably stressed. My cat Finn is missing. The last time I saw him was Saturday night when we went to bed. He was sleeping at my feet. He always comes in early in the morning meowing to be fed, and almost always spends the day asleep on my bed or on his bed. He's also really good about coming when I call him, but he didn't last night. I'm afraid a coyote got him, or maybe a raccoon.
Aw..I am sorry Tarm, hope he turns up, he might...he might hold his own with a raccoon, but not a coyote I don't think. This is why I never have outdoor cats. Something bad always happens to them...he may just be wandering...he has a way to go outside without your help?

Mysterious Cat

Post by Mysterious Cat » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:08 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:06 pm
My cat Finn is missing.
I am sorry to hear it- the best I can say is to not give up hope too soon. My parents had a cat when they lived out in the country and maybe once a year during the summer he would disappear for a day or two, but he always ended up back scratching at the deck door at some point. Whether he was taking a vacation or spending extended time up in a tree avoiding a predator we of course never knew.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:22 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:29 pm
he has a way to go outside without your help?
Yeah, I've been leaving the door cracked open for him into the garage, and he can get out of the garage. I should never have let him be indoor/outdoor, but his former owner let him be in/out and I started the same when I thought they were going to come and get him.
Mysterious Cat wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:08 am
My parents had a cat when they lived out in the country and maybe once a year during the summer he would disappear for a day or two, but he always ended up back scratching at the deck door at some point.
Same. However we lost a couple too. I wasn't as close to them though as I am with Finn.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:49 pm

interestingly bizarre idea that in its own way, well, something to consider

5mins.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:32 pm

I have a job interview tomorrow. It's a couple hours away from where I live now so it would probably mean relocating. But it's a good opportunity and moving a little bit into the foothills won't bother me any.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:21 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:32 pm
I have a job interview tomorrow. It's a couple hours away from where I live now so it would probably mean relocating. But it's a good opportunity and moving a little bit into the foothills won't bother me any.
Hope all goes well, best of luck ✅. I'd say 'break a leg', but it's old school talk. I don't believe too many would understand it nowadays

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:23 am

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:32 pm
To quote Red Green: "Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together."

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:01 am

Slip Shod wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:21 pm
Hope all goes well, best of luck . I'd say 'break a leg', but it's old school talk. I don't believe too many would understand it nowadays
It comes from stage acting. There's a old superstition that it's bad luck to wish someone good luck before a show. So they tell each other to break a leg .