( Wednesday before Thanksgiving NO PO) Thanksgiving Dinner, what are your favorite dishes?

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Wednesday before Thanksgiving NO PO) Thanksgiving Dinner, what are your favorite dishes?

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:04 pm

Turkey is my first fav, ( I love Turkey breast, and I only get it once or twice a year. then stuffing, then French rolls, then Cranberry sauce..oh, and yams...I always like Mashed potatoes. Does your family have any traditional dishes you always have?
Thanksgiving Dinner.jpg
Thanksgiving Dinner.jpg (20.8 KiB) Viewed 1433 times

Slip Shod

Re: ( Wednesday before Thanksgiving NO PO) Thanksgiving Dinner, what are your favorite dishes?

Post by Slip Shod » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:33 pm

Good morning Z, hope your Thanksgiving table will be rich with abundance and wonderful foods & friends.
Desserts are of course great, but it's the dinner plate itself hosting as many different items on it that it will bear that turns me on and even then there may be one or two that would need be go back for.
Picking a favorite, that's a tough one - I decided I don't have favorites. I think it's the one that at that moment would be on my fork or spoon

Slip Shod

Re: ( Wednesday before Thanksgiving NO PO) Thanksgiving Dinner, what are your favorite dishes?

Post by Slip Shod » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:45 pm

Sodas, sugar, corn syrup / you know, the stuff that makes life worth living
~

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:40 pm

Just about the only Thanksgiving fare I can have these days is the turkey itself. Maybe some ham. String beans probably aren't too bad if they're prepared right. Oh, and the black olives. Love those.