Monday NO PO) Today is..Cyber Monday, Craft Jerky Day & Barvarian Cream Pie

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

Monday NO PO) Today is..Cyber Monday, Craft Jerky Day & Barvarian Cream Pie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:16 am

Cyber Monday is the online version of Black Friday. Usually, they don't have anything on sale I am interested in, and I have done most of the shopping, just a few gift cards at this point. I have gotten some deals at some places, but, not really on Amazon where I bought quite a bit.

I have never had craft jerky but, it looks good, I like slim jims and jerky generally. Depends, would have to taste it.

I prefer Boston to Bavarian cream I think, it is thicker and yellower, so whichever one that is...I generally only get it in a donut and I haven't had one in a long time, ever since Bill started getting me that pecan, maple-filled one...lol

cybermonday.jpg
cybermonday.jpg (7.53 KiB) Viewed 1868 times
craftjerky.jpg
craftjerky.jpg (16.13 KiB) Viewed 1868 times
barvariancreampie.jpg
barvariancreampie.jpg (5.86 KiB) Viewed 1868 times

Z is for Zangie

Re: Monday NO PO) Today is..Cyber Monday, Craft Jerky Day & Barvarian Cream Pie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:21 am

Sorry I didn't post a NO PO today, I have been exhausted, sleeping like 10 hours, going to bed early, and taking a 2-hour nap during the day...today we got our tree and it looks great ( not decorated yet), but it is relaxing and shaped like a triangle, and the exact right height, Then I had to do some Christmas shopping...and Rick brought in decorations and started decorating the house...which is a project. Lots of boxes, though he has it down to a science at this point.

I have found a laptop, the same model as mine, but, 2.3 Mhg instead of 1.8, so a little faster. Looks good, has Windows 10, and good memory and SSD memory...it is on E-Bay, and they take returns up to 30 days, so you have to pay the shipping, but that isn't bad...he has a really high e-Bay rating, and only $275 ( plus, if I save mine, there might be parts I can use that aren't worn out if needed...

What do you think?
@Tarmaque and @GuideToACrazyWorld
Would appreciate your opinion, my brother says it is a good deal. I paid $800 for mine brand new.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:39 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:21 am
What do you think?
Sounds reasonable, short of me actually having a look at it. SSD is a bonus which should keep speeds pretty decent. It's no workhorse of course, but should be good for basic home duties. Sounds like your old one was ready for the scrap heap anyway. 1.8 GHz is pretty slow these days. Hell my Chromebook is 1.7 GHz, although it's pretty peppy running a lightweight Linux flavor. It probably couldn't cope with a Windows installation.

I hope it gives you years of good service.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:45 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:39 am
Z is for Zangie wrote:
What do you think?
Sounds reasonable, short of me actually having a look at it. SSD is a bonus which should keep speeds pretty decent. It's no workhorse of course, but should be good for basic home duties. Sounds like your old one was ready for the scrap heap anyway. 1.8 GHz is pretty slow these days. Hell my Chromebook is 1.7 GHz, although it's pretty peppy running a lightweight Linux flavor. It probably couldn't cope with a Windows installation.

I hope it gives you years of good service.
I meant to post the link:
Blue Dell Inspiron 17R-5737 17.3", Win10 Pro, i5-4200U 2.3GHz, 8GB RAM 500GB SSD | eBay

Blue Dell Inspiron 17R-5737 17.3", Win10 Pro, i5-4200U 2.3GHz, 8GB RAM 5...
Inspiron 17 7000 series. Windows 10 Pro Fresh Install. 2 USB 2.0, 2 USB 3.0 / 3.1 Gen1, 1 HDMI, 1 Kensington Loc...

Yeah, my current one is 9 years old, and it still works, but, there are glitches, the screen gets wavy green lines, and hard to get a clear picture without fooling with it, etc..it is dying, but, it lived a long life and served me well. ( I love Dells, that was my second Dell laptop ( it replaced the one that was stolen when my home was robbed.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:46 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:16 am
I have never had craft jerky but, it looks good
I've been on a Chinese Barbecue pork kick lately. Technically "char siu," but with a sort of Thai kick to it. It's surprisingly easy to make, and is cooked in the oven instead of a smoker. Of course a smoker would probably be better. I've been using Thai Panang Curry paste instead of Chinese Five Spice because I don't like anise. This makes it slightly spicy and slightly citrusy but it's really good. The hard part of it is it needs to marinate for a minimum of 24 hours or better 48 or more.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:52 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:45 am
Blue Dell Inspiron 17R-5737 17.3", Win10 Pro, i5-4200U 2.3GHz, 8GB RAM 500GB SSD
Yup. You should be good. That's not far down in specs from my iMac, which is an i5-6500 at 3.0GHz with 8GB of RAM.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:11 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:52 am
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:45 am
Blue Dell Inspiron 17R-5737 17.3", Win10 Pro, i5-4200U 2.3GHz, 8GB RAM 500GB SSD
Yup. You should be good. That's not far down in specs from my iMac, which is an i5-6500 at 3.0GHz with 8GB of RAM.
Cool, thanks

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:04 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sorry I didn't post a NO PO today, I have been exhausted, sleeping like 10 hours, going to bed early, and taking a 2-hour nap during the day...today we got our tree and it looks great ( not decorated yet), but it is relaxing and shaped like a triangle, and the exact right height, Then I had to do some Christmas shopping...and Rick brought in decorations and started decorating the house...which is a project. Lots of boxes, though he has it down to a science at this point.

I have found a laptop, the same model as mine, but, 2.3 Mhg instead of 1.8, so a little faster. Looks good, has Windows 10, and good memory and SSD memory...it is on E-Bay, and they take returns up to 30 days, so you have to pay the shipping, but that isn't bad...he has a really high e-Bay rating, and only $275 ( plus, if I save mine, there might be parts I can use that aren't worn out if needed...

What do you think?
Would appreciate your opinion, my brother says it is a good deal. I paid $800 for mine brand new.

Sorry I missed this but Tarm is right should work fine.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:39 am

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:04 am
Z is for Zangie wrote:

What do you think?

Sorry I missed this but Tarm is right should work fine.
Thanks, I am excited, should be here tomorrow, Bill is going help me transfer the back up files and get it going