( Tuesday NO PO) Today is National French Toast Day & National Alan Day & National Red Planet Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Tuesday NO PO) Today is National French Toast Day & National Alan Day & National Red Planet Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:27 pm

mmmm...french toast...could use some of that right now ( it is in the 20s with wind chills in the teens and it is snowing...bah....lol...this crap better be cleared up by the time I leave to go home later...thank goodness I at least am not in the snow belt...)

I like the name, Alan, particularly spelled this way rather than Allen or Allan, the site says it doesn't matter how it i spelled...but, the definition is: a masculine name meaning handsome, cheerful, harmony, and noble. It happens to[ be my boss's middle name, spelled the Allen way...I told him 31/2 out of five isn't bad...lol/color]

Red Planet is, of course, Mars which is endlessly fascinating...Total Recall is one of my favorite sci fi movies..

French Toast.jpg
French Toast.jpg (7.82 KiB) Viewed 1941 times
Red PLanet.jpg
Red PLanet.jpg (6.15 KiB) Viewed 1941 times

Tarmaque

Re: ( Tuesday NO PO) Today is National French Toast Day & National Alan Day & National Red Planet Day

Post by Tarmaque » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:41 pm

Or you could spell it the French way "Alain."

Slip Shod

Re: ( Tuesday NO PO) Today is National French Toast Day & National Alan Day & National Red Planet Day

Post by Slip Shod » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:45 pm

All right, now that the balmy breezes are in our rear-view mirror and cold winter winds heading our way - not so bad to be prepared with a couple of things to keep in the car ✅ if broke down for any length of time
A blanket or 2, a can 'quick start' you just spray into the engine air intake to get it to turn over, maybe a few things to munch on you can keep in the glove compartment
& Have on hand but not inside the car that won't help some lock de-icer
Keep that phone charged

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:50 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:45 pm
All right, now that the balmy breezes are in our rear-view mirror and cold winter winds heading our way - not so bad to be prepared with a couple of things to keep in the car ✅ if broke down for any length of time
A blanket or 2, a can 'quick start' you just spray into the engine air intake to get it to turn over, maybe a few things to munch on you can keep in the glove compartment
Keep that phone charged
I have a blanket, two actually, and snacks most times when traveling...but, I also have AAA, so, kik
I don't have a smart phone and my flip is impractical for this kind of thing...but,. if I am traveling where this would be an issue, Rick would be with me and he does have a smartphone...plus we can charge it in the car

Snow has stopped, but, still pretty chilly out there.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:52 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:50 pm
Slip Shod wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:45 pm
Keep that phone charged
I have a blanket, two actually, and snacks most times when traveling, also have pillows...but, I also have AAA, so, lol
I don't have a smartphone and my flip is impractical for this kind of thing...but... if I am traveling where this would be an issue, Rick would be with me and he does have a smartphone...plus we can charge it in the car through the lighter thing
I also have an emergency light and flares if needed...

Snow has stopped, but, still pretty chilly out there.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:33 pm

It was bloody cold here the last two mornings. 28° yesterday, and 25° today. Supposed to be similar tomorrow, then warm up a bunch on Thursday and rain for two weeks.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:06 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:33 pm
It was bloody cold here the last two mornings. 28° yesterday, and 25° today. Supposed to be similar tomorrow, then warm up a bunch on Thursday and rain for two weeks.
Yeah same her for Thursday and beyond...