( Sat NOPO) Today is Nationak Wreaths Across America Day National Chocolate on anything & Barbie and Barney Backlash Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Sat NOPO) Today is Nationak Wreaths Across America Day National Chocolate on anything & Barbie and Barney Backlash Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:29 pm

Arlington Cemetery does wreaths every year, A family decided to spread it to other veterans of wars not buried in Arlington, and that is what today is. Of course, there is a controversy over it: "Religious liberty advocates are protesting the annual Wreaths Across America event, decrying the "the hijacked-from-paganism symbol of Christianity" being placed on military veterans' graves, including those of Jews and other non-Christians. Dec 14, 2021...sigh

Chocolate on anything generally sounds like a good Idea.

Barbie and Barney Backlash is to give parents a break from the repetitive songs and storytelling of these two...lol

Wreaths across America.jpg
Wreaths across America.jpg (13.35 KiB) Viewed 1494 times
choclate covered anything.jpg
choclate covered anything.jpg (13.25 KiB) Viewed 1494 times
Barbie & Barney Backlash.jpg
Barbie & Barney Backlash.jpg (7.95 KiB) Viewed 1494 times

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Sat NOPO) Today is Nationak Wreaths Across America Day National Chocolate on anything & Barbie and Barney Backlash

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:40 pm

Sorry I have been AWOL, just lots going on and so exhausted all the time, the good news is except for wrapping today and tomorrow I am done with everything but Christmas dinner.

Also Colonsocpy results from yesterday:
The dr found what I think he called micro lesions ( he also congratulated me on my prep, because without it he wouldn't have seen them...lol...guess I am good at following directions...lol) he said that he thinks they are benign, but he will have them biopsied to be sure and if they are then I don't have to do this again for 1 to 2 years, thank goodness.

The procedure was fine, but this time the aftermath was harder on me. I have felt 'yucky all day, and am very tired though I took a nap when I got home...and for some reason, I have a return of bronchitis like coughing and bringing up crap..sigh,

Hopefully, I will be better growing forward now.

Also, some History Trivia for today

In protest of Parliament's Tea Act passed in 1773, 60 men dressed as Mohawk Indians boarded ships belonging to the British East India Company. They tossed 342 chests filled with tea into the Boston Harbor. Their actions have become known as the Boston Tea Party.

Author Beatrix Potter self-published her children's story The Tale of Peter Rabbit in the format publishers rejected - small enough for children's hands to hold. The story of four rabbits that began as a letter to an ailing child from Potter became a bestseller and classic children's story.

President Theodore Roosevelt looks on from the presidential yacht Mayflower as the Great White Fleet departs from Hampton Roads, VA. The nickname referred to the 16 battleships of the newly designated fleet of ships departed to circumnavigated the globe as a demonstration of "America's naval prowess."

NASA launched Explorer 16 from Cape Canaveral. It was the first satellite created exclusively for meteorite studies.

The Color Purple starring Danny Glover, Whoopi Goldberg, and Oprah Winfrey premieres in New York City. Adapted from the Alice Walker novel, the film was nominated for 11 Academy Awards. Steven Spielberg directed the film.

December 16th Celebrated Birthday

Ludwig van Beethoven - 1770

The German composer is considered the world's greatest composer. From a young age, Beethoven mastered musical composition and produced a massive collection of works. Even after his hearing began to fail him, he continued to produce some of the world's most beloved music.

Jane Austen - 1775

The author is best known for her novels Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility. Some of literature's more romantic characters, such as Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy, are found within their pages.

Margaret Mead - 1901

The American anthropologist served as curator at the Museum of Natural history for 28 years.

Ruth Johnson Colvin - 1916

In 1962, Colvin founded Literacy Volunteers of America. The organization is now called ProLiteracy Worldwide.

Arthur C. Clarke - 1917

The British author has published numerous books of science fiction and non-fiction. One of his most recognized works, 2001: A Space Odyssey.

William Perry - 1962

The defensive lineman played ten years in the National Football League. With the Chicago Bears, he won the 1985 Super Bowl Championship.

Slip Shod

Re: ( Sat NOPO) Today is Nationak Wreaths Across America Day National Chocolate on anything & Barbie and Barney Backlash

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:14 pm

Okay, I'm with you Z. Today I'm going out dressed like a Mohawk Indian & I'm using chocolate for war paint
If I get busted come bail me out

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:21 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:14 pm
Okay, I'm with you Z. Today I'm going out dressed like a Mohawk Indian & I'm using chocolate for war paint
If I get busted come bail me out
:lol: :lol: :lol:

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:39 pm

It's alive!!!!

Or rather I am. I started the new job last week and it's been non-stop. Then there is the 2 hour each way commute, and the fact that we are trying to get our house ready to sell. Things are good but I've been pretty much collapsing at night. I'm going to try and get back in to the swing of posting.

Technically I can't discuss politics on line. but... meh.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:17 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:39 pm
It's alive!!!!

Or rather I am. I started the new job last week and it's been non-stop. Then there is the 2 hour each way commute, and the fact that we are trying to get our house ready to sell. Things are good but I've been pretty much collapsing at night. I'm going to try and get back in to the swing of posting.

Technically I can't discuss politics on line. but... meh.
I've been AWOL too, though I hope to get back into it after the holiday and eoy stuff at work...I still can't think of any cool things to talk about ask...

I assume you like the new job so far?

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:59 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:17 pm
I assume you like the new job so far?
So far so good. I'm still figuring out the landscape.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:42 pm

Don't y'all feel bad. I've been back working and it's a touch crazy. Training is almost complete though, which will actually mean I'll be working even more hours.

The good news is my neighbor is taking me down to the beach for the weekend. Her parents have a beach house. She said "We can go down to the beach this weekend, but you're feeding us!" A hint that she's broke like usual. But it has a fireplace and we're hoping to have pizza at the really good place down there Friday night (or Saturday night) and I'm making other foods. It'll be a nice break before I start working more than full time.