(Friday NO PO) Let's try Slips suggestion first...

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

(Friday NO PO) Let's try Slips suggestion first...

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:13 pm

I am swamped at work and home..having issues with my new laptop still, have talked to everyone and tried everything, and even got this app BlueState that allows you to use Goodle Play to pretend you are on an Android smartphone so I can play one of my games, but, it is incredibly slow and their help department is being obtuse and keeps wanting me to do something specific on their site that isn't working for me ( Create a sx=creenshot, there is a way to do so, but I can't make it post on their service report thingy, or save it to my laptop to retrieve..sigh......it is end other year time at work...we are behind on payroll taxes, and I have to have this taken care of before the end of the month and do the yearly required reports for the government...doesn't look good.

On top of all that, QB is discontinuing support for their desktop version, so I got the online version, which isn't going well, the info from the desktop I imported is not correct, they want me to do all kinds of things I don't need to do, and I can't get any help, though I was promised there would be...sheesh

So, Slip says: Instead of a resolution, what did you do last year that was new and worked well and you intend to keep doing it? My answer would be : Play more word games and puzzles to keep my mind in good shape as my body is rebelling now and that isn't going well..lol ...and I have cut back on the politics a bit too, better peace of mind...

Slip Shod

Re: (Friday NO PO) Let's try Slips suggestion first...

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:46 pm

I'm feeling for you Z πŸ™, you're in a real uncomfortable position right now. I wish I could send the Calvary out to rescue you. You know, the calvary comes in to save the day and at the end of the movie the girl gets saved and everybody's happy like in the old cowboy movies
John Wayne's no longer with us and I'd send Clint Eastwood, but he's an old man now & got a bad back

I'd like to search out a couple more new cuisines, restaurants from other nationalities I think

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:59 pm

Okay, it's it's been a couple days since we've posted, but not one has passed without thoughts of you Z
Directing good hopes towards you of everything coming together, working out
~And they will

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:24 pm

Slip Shod wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:59 pm
Okay, it's it's been a couple days since we've posted, but not one has passed without thoughts of you Z
Directing good hopes towards you of everything coming together, working out
~And they will
Thanks Slip, things are better...still have a bit of chaotic work stuff, but fixed most of it for now...think my laptop is good to go...except for updating drivers...

I am exhausted and hope to have a three-day week end...

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:32 pm

fantasmo ! I know it's just begun, but that's the best news I've heard all year Z😊
β€’
I know you love to read / may I suggest a good book and a glass of wine this weekend

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:06 pm

Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:32 pm
fantasmo ! I know it's just begun, but that's the best news I've heard all year Z😊
β€’
I know you love to read / may I suggest a good book and a glass of wine this weekend
I had a glass of wine last night when I got home from work...it was nice..reading is a bit problematic right now , but I have been doing word puzzles

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:50 am

@Z - I ain't for sure but earlier sometime did you mention something about arthritis in your fingers was it you or was it my imagination ?
There's something called DMSO, good stuff, all the professional sports guys and professional guitar players all know about this stuff - works wonders (joints, pain, muscles).
Comes in all kinds of form .. DMSO aloe vera salve, straight up pure DMSO , but here's where you got to be careful and know what you're doing.
I would advise checking into it and reading up on it before you jump in. You should know what you're doing, but it's great

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:39 pm

* January 15th.. seeing our first snow here in Tennessee, at least where I'm at, mid Tennessee - today's forecast, 1-3", temp in the mid teens
❄️❄️❄️
We don't see but a handful of days of snow each year and I'm happy about that. I know there's other parts of the country like upper Michigan and Wisconsin they thrive & party in the snow, their snowmobiles and all, it's goodπŸ‘ (for them)
but wherever you are these next few days I hope you're safe and warm and the utilities, power grid stays up and running.
And keep in mind of the critters your pets and things

β€’
bluesy for this evening, locked in frigid outside, nowhere to go / tonight, going to settle in with a glass of wine and some bluesy

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:09 pm

Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:39 pm
* January 15th.. seeing our first snow here in Tennessee, at least where I'm at, mid Tennessee - today's forecast, 1-3", temp in the mid teens
❄️❄️❄️
We don't see but a handful of days of snow each year and I'm happy about that. I know there's other parts of the country like upper Michigan and Wisconsin they thrive & party in the snow, their snowmobiles and all, it's goodπŸ‘ (for them)
but wherever you are these next few days I hope you're safe and warm and the utilities, power grid stays up and running.
And keep in mind of the critters your pets and things

β€’
bluesy for this evening, locked in frigid outside, nowhere to go / tonight we're going to settle in with a glass of wine and some bluesy
Thanks Slip, yesterday was very cold and snowy, didn't go into work
I promise I will be back shortly, just a lot to hammer out

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:28 pm

@Z . fine and dandy Z - did you know Elvis's favorite song was 'Taking Care of Business' - do what you got to do
If something catches my attention I may post again
a call to members who've been reading, but laying low / POST

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:04 pm

2:00 p.m. around these parts where I'm at supposed to hit 50Β°, melting that crappy snow and ice that's accumulated over the past four or five days
GIFs.gif
GIFs.gif (193.39 KiB) Viewed 3557 times

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:38 pm

Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:04 pm
2:00 p.m. around these parts where I'm at supposed to hit 50Β°, melting that crappy snow and ice that's accumulated over the past four or five days
GIFs.gif
It was 48 and rainy today here, most of the snow and ice are gone...we are supposed to be relatively warm ( 40's to lower 50's ) and rainy for several days...

Totoro Joe

Post by Totoro Joe » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:56 am

Just checking in on the old stomping ground. I hope everyone is happy and healthy! Howdy, Z!

Surprised my login still works!😊

There are other AA survivors hanging out here, if anyone is interested … https://thepoliticalsalon.weebly.com/

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:55 pm

Totoro Joe wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:56 am
Just checking in on the old stomping ground. I hope everyone is happy and healthy! Howdy, Z!

There are other AA survivors hanging out here, if anyone is interested … https://thepoliticalsalon.weebly.com/
Not familiar with the brand / but howdy

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:39 pm

Hi Joe, good to see you....I am hanging in there... It's been a busy couple of months...
We didn't remove any of the old members' names, I am always happy when someone stops by
Thanks for the link...( do you think anyone who was mad at me is ok now?..lol)

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:48 pm

Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:55 pm

Not familiar with the brand / but howdy
He is one of the people who used to post here before we had a shake up of sorts...lol...that link goes to a Disqus channel ( where we all met originally), pretty sure it would not be your cup of tea...lol

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:51 pm

PS: I said hi at least, some are using their same screen names so that helped...but for others I would have to read a bit to figure out who they are...lol...if they are from here ...

Cathleen has been having a lot medical issues and isn't posting much and I haven't been on much lately because I was really busy. Tarm and Guide switched to new jobs and have been really busy. It's pretty quiet here at the moment, but glad you stopped by to say hi

Totoro Joe

Post by Totoro Joe » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:36 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:51 pm

PS: I said hi at least, some are using their same screen names so that helped...but for others I would have to read a bit to figure out who they are...lol...if they are from here ...

Cathleen has been having a lot medical issues and isn't posting much and I haven't been on much lately because I was really busy. Tarm and Guide switched to new jobs and have been really busy. It's pretty quiet here at the moment, but glad you stopped by to say hi
It’s been years. Good to see you’re still keeping on, Z. I’m sorry to hear about Cathleen. Keep well.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:44 pm

Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:36 pm
Z is for Zangie wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:51 pm

It’s been years. Good to see you’re still keeping on, Z. I’m sorry to hear about Cathleen. Keep well.
Thanks Joe, you too